Thoughts

You come out of the shower in just a towel and see Bucky laying down on the bed. His shirt is off and he's reading the book that was on the nightstand when you got here. "How's the book?" You ask as you walk over to the dresser.

He looks up at you and his face goes red when he sees you. "Uhh— it's uh— it's alright," he stutters out as he tries to focus on the book, but keeps glancing your way.

You keep your back to him as you slide your underwear on under your towel. Bucky pulls the book up towards his face to try and block you, but he ends up looking over the book at you.

Once you get your sweatpants on, you let the towel fall to the ground and Bucky watches as water droplets slide from your hair down your back. His grip tightens on the book when you grab one of his shirts and put it on.

You turn around and he quickly brings the book back up to block his eyes. You walk over to the bed and lay down. Bucky puts the book down to look at you.

"Can we cuddle please?" You ask softly and he nods as he sets the book down and gets closer to you. Immediately, you wrap yourself around him and he holds you close to him.

You feel him inhale deeply as he presses his nose into your hair and you smile when he rests the side of his face on the top of your head. "How are you feeling doll?" He asks and you shrug your shoulders.

"I don't know if I should tell the team about Olive or not," you sigh and Bucky hums in thought and you feel the vibration on your face through his chest.

"It's up to you doll. It's your family, your choice," he says and you smile.

"You guys are more of my family though. I mean, my own father didn't come see me because he met some dumb slut and went to Paris with her— okay I shouldn't say that. She could be a nice slut," you mumble the last part, but Bucky still catches it.

"Tony acts more like your father," Bucky says.

"That's very true," you say with a smile as you look up at Bucky.

"Steve and Sam are like your older brothers, Peter and Pietro your younger brothers obviously. Wanda and Nat are your sisters. You've got uncle Thor, Rhodey  and Clint and Scott who no one really knows who he is he just showed up at the family reunion and everyone let him stay. Your cousin Bruce and Pepper as your mom. Then you've got your brother in-law, Vision who you didn't really like at first, but you've warmed up to him," Bucky says and when he looks down at you, you're smiling at him.

"And what about you? Where do you fall in? What are you to me?" You ask and Bucky looks away from you as he thinks for a moment.

He looks back at you with a smile on his face. "I'll be whatever you want me to be, doll," he says

You sit up so you're straddling him. He sits up straight and places his hands on your back. Slowly, you start to lean in towards him and you hear him hold his breath as you get closer.

Your nose bumps against his and his hands slide to your waist and hold it tightly. Your heart starts to beat even faster as a million thoughts race through your mind wanting to escape the trapped vicinity they're in.

The warm breath Bucky finally lets out fans over your face and he closes his eyes, so you decide to do the same. Your bottom lip brushes against his top lip and just as they're about to fully connect, the door bursts open.

"You guys will not believe what Steve just di—" Sam stops talking as he comes in the room and sees what's happening. You immediately get off of Bucky's lap who clears his throat and shoots a glare Sam's way.

"Oh shit, you two were just about to kiss," he says as the realization hits him. "And I interrupted it? God dammit. I'm never gonna forgive myself for this shit. God it's gonna be engraved in my tombstone and everything. 'Here lies Sam Wilson. The man that interrupted the most important kiss in the history of the world' dumbass."

He bangs his forehead against the doorframe. "Sam," Bucky says and Sam looks over at him. "Get out."

"Right," Sam says as he turns to leave. "I'm really sorry guys. Here I'll close the door so you two can go back to doing what you were doing." He closes the door and an awkward tension fills the room.

You and Bucky don't look at each other as you lay down and try to fall asleep.