Bathroom Talks

You stood in the bathroom looking at yourself in the mirror. You've just finished getting ready for tonight and you don't really feel like going. You feel socially and mentally drained and you're not sure how long you're gonna be able to last around everyone tonight, which makes you feel guilty.

A knock on the door cuts your thoughts short as you turn towards it. "Doll, are you ready?" Bucky asks on the other side and you nod and then mentally curse yourself since he can't see you.

You open the door to meet Bucky and he smiles at you. "You look gorgeous," he says and you blush as you look down at your feet.

His hands meet the side of your face and gently tilt it up to face him. "If at any point tonight, you wanna leave and come back to our room, tell me, okay? I'll come keep you company cause I don't want you by yourself. I'll worry to much if I'm looking around for you and can't find you," he says.

"Okay," you softly say and he leans down to kiss your forehead.

Tony chugs his drink before getting up from his seat and walking over to Rhodey. "Tony, what are you doing?" He asks.

Everyone watches as Tony presses a finger to Rhodey's lips and shushed him. "Just go with it," he says before sitting on his lap and curling up with his arms around his neck.

Rhodey glances over at Pepper who just shrugs and takes a sip of her drink, not wanting to get involved in whatever exchange is happening between the two best friends.

Bucky comes over to sit next to you on the couch and drapes his arm on the back of it behind you. "How do you feel?" He asks and you giggle as you lean against him.

"Immaculate," you whisper and he winces at the smell of alcohol on your breath.

"I can see that," he chuckles softly.

Although he stops laughing and starts blushing when you decide to press light kisses against his throat. "What are you doing?" He asks softly and you shrug.

"What I should've been doing this whole time," you admit and Bucky's heart starts to beat faster as he looks around the room. No one is paying attention, but he doesn't want to risk it.

So, he pulls away from you and pushes your hair out of your face gently to let you know he still cares and isn't totally shying away from you. "Not yet doll," he whispers and you frown.

You open your mouth to say something, but shut it again and quickly rush to the nearest bathroom hoping you make it in time. Which you do and you manage to get all your throw up in the toilet.

Bucky rushes in after you and pushes your hair out of your face as he rubs your back. "No, go away. I don't want you to see me like this," you say as you try to shoo him away.

"I still think you're the most beautiful girl no matter what," he says and you break out sobbing. "Hey what's wrong?"

"Why doesn't my dad love me?" You ask as you sit back on the ground and cover your face with your hands.

Bucky stands up to wet a cloth before sitting next to you. Slowly, and carefully, he pulls your hands away from your face and gently presses the cloth against your skin.

"He does," he says and you shake your head as you try to look away from him, but he doesn't let you. "Hey, don't look away from me. Look at me y/n." You look at him.

"He loves you. He may not know how to show it, but he does love you. Okay?" Again you shake your head and look away so Bucky grabs your chin and forces you to look at him. "Doll," he says softly.

"Okay," you softly say and Bucky smiles.

"C'mon baby, let's get you to bed," he says as he helps you stand up.

He cleans up your mess and helps you walk up the stairs, saying goodnight to everyone in the process.

You reach your room and Bucky helps you sit on the bed as he goes to pick out some pjs for you to wear. "Can I wear your clothes?" You ask as you look at him. Bucky's heart skips a beat as he looks at you.

"Yea of course," he says as he goes through his drawers and finds a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie for you.

He makes his way back over to you and sets his clothes down next to you. "Do you need help changing? Or can you do that yourself?" He asks.

You think for a few seconds before answering him. "I think I need help."

"Really?" He asks with a smirk and you nod your head.

Bucky quickly shakes his head and tries to push any dirty thoughts he had to the back of his head as he helps you stand up and get undressed.

When your chest was exposed to him, he decided to look up at the ceiling until his hoodie was covering your fully. He helped you get into his sweats and stopped you from laying down fully.

"What now?" You ask as he walks in the bathroom before walking out with makeup wipes.

"I've heard that it's bad for your skin to sleep with makeup on," he says.

"You can't see me without my makeup off," you say with wide eyes. "I'm a whole different person. You can't find out how I can shape-shift from somewhat pretty to beautiful."

"Doll, I've seen you hungover several times, with your makeup smeared. I was also the one who took care of you when you had the flu. And guess what, I still think you're the most beautiful woman I've ever seen," Bucky says and you blush as you bite back a smile.

He takes your makeup off and helps you lay down. You close your eyes as he changes and open them when you feel him lay down next to you.

"Goodnight doll," he says when you curl up against his side.

You smile as you glance up at him and see his eyes closed and his mouth parted slightly. You press your head against his chest and sigh. "Goodnight Bucky."