Chapter 1

You heard the realization that you were gone.

And by that you mean hundreds of crows started to scream and follow you, leading you to the conclusion that hiding wasn't going to be an option, more like running . With Alcina chasing you, you probably had no chance of lasting longer than a day, but at least you knew the sisters weren't. Mia could blend in well, Miranda could get information out of anybody, Alcina was fast, large, and had an advantage of heightened sentences, and Donna could literally be anywhere.

You however lit on fire when stressed, passed out regularly, and were a general hazard to yourself.

The tales were heavily tilted in their favor.

You ran through the snow, using your heat to melt it to make yourself faster. As you went along you lessened the flames to cause the trail to fade and the snow to refill the trail to at least stop them from catching you twenty minutes in.

You found yourself running faster and faster as more and more noises registered in your ears, too many for them to be real, enough for you to be on the lookout for flickering images.

Donna was near.

You almost screamed when you reached an edge and your claws managed to catch you before you tumbled down the hill. Panting you pulled yourself back up, shaking yourself off you lit your hand up to see where you were.

"Where in the fuck-"

" There! " Mia's voice registered and you cut the flame out immediately, looking down you registered that you had seriously strayed and now found yourself at the reservoir. "Oh fuck, oh no, please no, fuck I have to."

You look behind your for a millisecond and watch as wings shift in the darkness, branches snap behind them - Alcina - and just as you turn back and jump, Donna flickers to vision and lunges for you.

Which unfortunately caused her to go over the cliff with you, which caused a multitude of actions from all parties. You were halfway down when Mia and Miranda reached for you, and Alcina was a few seconds too late for her long arms to reach.

"Why would you jump after me?!"

"You can't leave me! You promised !"

You reached out for her and mid-air, pulled her close, and closed your eyes.

"It's gross isn't it?"

"Very."

And then the two of you plunged into the murky waters.

...

You dragged her back up, sputtering, and helped her swim to - well not ashore but a solid object. Donna's veil was lost at this point and you winced at the thought of the expensive material drenched in the disgusting water.

"Do you think he noticed?"

" Mother? "

"Fuck he noticed." Donna muttered, catching you off guard.

The two of you scramble onto the broken docks and lean on each other, listening to the squelch of his footsteps. "Why are we avoiding him?" you whisper.

"You don't want to be caught by him, either he'll drag you to a pity party, talk for hours about cheese, or put fish eggs in you."

"He'll what ."

" Mother is that you? Oh, it's been so long...... "

Just as he's shockingly about to reach the two of you, a crow lands (reluctantly) and caws, causing a distraction for long enough for the two of you to squeeze by and run away as quickly as possible.

"Just how lonely is he?"

"Annoyingly." Donna muttered, "At least I keep quiet, he rambles forever."

And you're cute, but I might be biased.

You think to yourself before standing fully, "Where are they?" Donna looks around, "No idea, but you tell me right now why you ran."

You stay quiet, causing Donna to turn and let out a scream of rage - fear.

You were gone.

...

So maybe abandoning Donna so close to a lord she clearly hated wasn't your best plan, but neither were you jumping out a window to run away because you were having scary memory visions.

So yeah.

You were running faster than you remember being able to, but then again a lot of things had changed since you actually put any physical effort into something, so you chalk it up to another side effect of the cadou.

Slowing after some time you pant before walking at a slow pace towards where you are assuming the village is. A few lycans meander by, they seem interested in you, but when one attempts to move closer to you, something yanks them back, causing them to whimper in fear.

You notice, however, that every time this happens more and more crows appear and quickly come to the conclusion that Miranda had access to the lycans as well as crows ad began to kill them off before they had a chance to inform Miranda of your location.

Still, she wasn't your biggest concern.

Donna was alone chasing after you, and you acknowledge that's not ideal, but now she's going to be desperate to keep you as well as angry for you leaving her dangerously close to Moreau and his rambling of cheese.

Donna was definitely your biggest concern.

Then it was Miranda, then Alcina, and Mia right behind those two. All of them were dangerous, but you needed to prioritize in case you ran into one of them and had to lie your way out of something. They wouldn't understand , you're only trying to protect them from you, and what you have a sinking suspicion you might be.

You're worried about your connection to Claire Redfield, you're worried about someone named Jill Valentine, you're worried about someone named Ada, you're worried about all the people you're remembering.

You're especially worried about Chris Redfield, you're especially worried about how when you see Mia you think of Agent Winters, Project E-001, Ethan Winters, Louisiana, the Bakers, you're scared that you know more than what you've been told, you're scared, so scared, but you can't endanger them.

You may have been sent to do something awful to them, but you love them, more than anything, and you know you need to figure yourself out before you can go back willingly.

And all of this is well and good.

Until you see the group of dead lycans, ones that you haven't killed, and are far too clumsily done for it to have been a lover.

You gulp.

Deep breaths .

Winter's coming.