X: no pogue on pogue macking

Act One,  X: no pogue on pogue macking

⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀

They ditch John B and Kie at Redfield lighthouse; the moment the sound of cop sirens hits Moe's ears she pushes Pope and JJ into the Twinkie and they fucking peel.

To their credit, they hang around JJ's for a while to see if the other two show. But half an hour turns into one and they ditch that idea as well. Moe figures that last thing John B will do is let himself get stuck in police or DCS custody; him and Kie will turn up somewhere eventually.

Not particularly wanting to stay and watch JJ and Pope tinker with an old motor for the rest of the afternoon Moe bids them goodbye and goes home. But since the power is still down on the Cut there's nothing for her there except a cold shower. So she takes one and decides to check for Kie at The Wreck.

Her search yields results and she gets promptly dragged into the back corner of the restaurant to hear Kie's version of the days events. From John B going psycho on the lighthouse keeper to getting taken in by Peterkin to her Dad posting his bail to John B fucking off again to god knows where. And even though Moe can tell it's stressing Kie out to no end there's really nothing to do but wait.

As the afternoon drags on Kie gets roped into setting up and Moe offers to help out. Mr Carrera offers her a free meal for her efforts (which she gladly takes) but mostly she does it because she feels guilty about John B's bail money. She knows it's not her fault but she feels responsible in a way nevertheless.

A server delivers her a tub of cutlery and napkins and she sets to work rolling them up.

It's a good distraction. It's been a stressful morning.

Waking up with nothing to think about but the argument with Mac and then on top of that everything else that had happened today alone; it's really more than she can deal with right now. So instead she focuses on the monotony of rolling cutlery.