XII: fishing for treasure

Act One,  XII: fishing for treasure

Act One, XII: fishing for treasure

⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀

To Pope's utter chagrin they do in fact hatch a plan on the way to the salvage yard to facilitate the stealing of the deep sea camera. It's haphazard and probably really stupid, but they've had good luck so far so Moe puts her faith in it despite the nagging voice saying not to.

"This is dumb, right?" Kiara asks as they both settle into the front seats of her parent's car.

"Yeah," Moe buckles her seatbelt, "Super dumb."

"You think it'll work?"

"For sure," She replies, "The guy is a fuckin' sleaze."

  Kie shoots her a look as she starts up the engine, "You've met him?"

  "Yeah, only like, once when I came around with JJ. He kept making gross comments like we were together."

Kie's lip curls in disgust and Moe shrugs. It was weird but it's not like she or JJ corrected him. She doesn't know why. Maybe it was easier to let him believe that than explain all the reasons why it seems like they're together but they're not. Or
maybe Moe just didn't want to have the conversation last longer than it needed to. Surely the latter.

"Speaking of," Kie says as she begins to manoeuvre the car down the road towards the scrap yard, "Have you talked to Mac?"

  Dread works it way into the pit of her stomach, "Uh, no."

Kie is quiet for a second, "Look, I know you well enough to know that me telling you what to do isn't going to change your mind, but I really think you should... It's not healthy for you to keep it all bottled up. Never mind for your relationship with him."

  "Yeah," Moe concedes, tapping her finger against the armrest, her voice growing quiet, "Yeah. If I'm honest for, like, once in my life. I just dread it y'know. This is it, I think. It's gotta be."