Chapter 5

"I hope he's doing alright" Ghostbur said, sitting beside his sleeping brother, his yellow sweater covered in dry snow and brown curly hair messed by the frost like weather.

His eyes showed suffering, sadness that consumed anyone, and a comforting aura that made you recognize him, familiarity is what they call. Seeing his own brother lying in bed with wings spread out uncomfortably, he wanted to hug him, make him feel loved, warm, but he's dead. How is he going to give him the comfort he desired, all he has was the cold atmosphere that he felt since he came into this crucial world and the peoples memories that reside around him.

The thought of Tommy, bleeding out in the cold, while open bruises bloodied his torn clothes, and mind not operating from unconsciousness, he shivered, he went through the same situation but the difference is, he wasn't saved.

"Call me when Tommy wakes up" a monotone voice spoke, before the door closed shut, leaving the Ghost contemplating his decisions, "Of course" he muttered, tugging his young brothers strand of blond hair at the sides.

Techno's eyes slowly watered while the steps he took loudly clanked on the wood like floor. A memory shoved at the back of his mind, came without warning...

"Brother! Brother!" A sweet childish voice exclaimed from the distance, "How do you hold a sword?" Blond locks blew from the wind as he ran through a field filled of flowers.

"Why do you want to know?" Comfort came from a voice, "Why not?" The blonde replied, swinging his imaginary sword playfully. "... alright, where's wilbur?" Pink long hair decorated with flowers tied into a braid as tugs of pink hair blew from its group.

"He's with Dad— I mean Phil, yeah Phil.."
The cheery smile from the blonde boy immediately replaced with a frown, Tommy changed the topic and laughed nervously staring into the red eyes of a hybrid.

That was the memory that never left his thought, those sad emotions a young one held never let out, him and Tommy running through fields of flowers, braiding his hair on a peaceful day, hunted him, behind those smiles the teen made is someone or something that wants everything it touches feel the guilt he bottled up, that memory hunted him till this day, it was unforgettable.

Ghostbur, his dead brothers ghost, curly chocolate hair, dark brown eyes that once shined free spirits, and intelligence that wanders his mind, they were a pair, an unstoppable dou. The two get along well until, the other made a nation run by government and the other chose to destroy that or any corrupted leadership created by kinds.

The bittersweet taste of war and blood, along with their betrayals towards each other, Techno never understood why, why can't they just leave the things as they are? Now look at them now, the trust they all built for the friends they so called, vanished from a single mistake, they had options but took the ones that was not supposed to be chosen.

The half pigman went back to the forest to retrieve his axe, leaving his dead brother accompanying his youngest sibling.

His lashes fluttered open, viewing his eyes without its baby blue orbs, the now morning sun, hovering over the clouds filled sky turned the place into shades, "Oh you're awake" the brunette commented in his sweet and nervous tone, "Ghostbur?" the teen replied, "your eyes, Tommy you're blind.." the brunette sat on a chair, trying to comfort his blind brother, "and.. you have wings" he added.

"I know. Ghostbur." dull dimmed eyes stared on where he sat, dried blood stained his winged back, as the Ghost beside him tried to comfort his suffering.

He just woke up from the unconscious state, yet he still wants to lie down and rest, wanting to shut his blinded eyes from the sun that never lighted his path. Was there even a path? a path that takes him and his friends the way to freedom.

Red plasma slowly evaporated from the floor, and some slid through the wooden cracks, dripping from the ground room.

"These wings are annoying" he massages his elbow with an uncomfortable feeling, "You should stretch them" Ghostbur stood up glancing at the teens back, Tommy hummed not listening, the bandage on his back colored in red from the blood, adjusted by his wings.

"I'll get you water, you must be dehydrated" Ghostbur floated towards the door and left, now Tommy's the only one in the room, alone, just like when he was in exile, where noyone visited except his half enderman friend and his brothers ghost, If accidentally meeting in the nether and a ghost that lost its memories counted.

"Wilbur– I mean, Ghostbur, what are you doing in the kitchen?" Techno knocked on the door before he spoke, cupboards left open and shards of glasses fell on the ground, "s-sorry Technoblade, I-I didn't mean to, Tommy wanted a glass of water, I'm so sorry" the ghost apologized, his finger bleeding maybe from the broken glass.

The half pigman sighed, 'Tommy's awake' he thought. Red eyes looking at the ceiling, boots and cape hovered in frost that left a snow trail, as the slightly open door blew in the cold wind. It was the middle of the day yet it looked like it was dusk, grey clouds covered the lovely blue sky while snow fell gently along with beautiful snowflakes giving the frosty nature its deserve beauty.

The door opened making a creaking noise, Tommy quickly turned around from the sound after staring at the window, Techno didn't say anything and observed his behavior. Tommys face expressed more like a disgust reaction, Techno wasn't surprised about the way he did, he's surprise he didn't shout nor go violent, The Tommy he knows was always aggressive, obnoxious, and quite annoying to say the least.

This one,,, this Tommy he once knew was.
He was annoyingly loud, a change erupted his behavior, it's obvious. He isn't much aggressive like in the past, he's calm, observant now, not the typical Tommy everyone likes and hates, he's just there, on the bed glaring at Techno not knowing who it is, due to his blinded vision.

"Tommy" the monotoned voice spoke, "are you going to get up–" Techno was cutted in the middle of the sentence, "Do you really wan't me to leave that bad?" silence fell over the two, Techno sighed from his misunderstanding, "Let me finish my sentence" he said.

"are you going to get up and eat lunch or stay here and make me fetch you the food" there wasn't any tone of annoyance, neither anger, he spoke with a genuine tone, worried for his brothers health.

"I can do it myself" there Tommy spoke with aggressiveness, "then get up" Techno replied, shutting the door after leaving.

"This is shit."

***

Hello hello!!
Author here for a little note!

This took me 4 weeks to finish lmao, and the canteen is really full right now but atleast I got my oreo ice cream hehew, I love filipino canteens so much, and I'll release the next chapter in a week, I got my motivation!! HEXK YEAH!!