- Chapter Eleven -

Ashley Bliss is everything I've ever wanted in a woman— in a partner

It's obvious she's not impressed with my decision, yet, she's no saint. I warned her, I told her not to let anyone go near her, nevertheless touch her, and that's actually what happened. Ashley knew the outcome, she was baiting me. I'm not naive nor stupid, Ashley retaliated through making out with some stranger, and then got pissed at the outcome, despite my warnings. To me, I'm just following through with my threat.

I sent Nathan and Luca to retreat the car while Hunter and I sneaked Ashley out. Hunter has always loved playing the game of cat and mouse, of the hunter and its prey. So, when I told them I was going in search of Ashley, Hunter was the first to come with. I knew where Ashley was, I knew who she was with— I allowed her ten minutes with the guy, hopefully, she released some pent-up anger she had within her.

Yet, I know I wouldn't want her fire to be extinguished, her fire is what makes her... her. Ashley Bliss is a force to be reckoned with. And I admire that about her, if I was capable of love, I'd love her for that. Ashley is pissed, I could tell, she's sat in the middle of me and Hunter, while Nathan drives, and Luca is sitting next to him in the passenger seat.

"You killed him, didn't you?" Ashley asked as she glanced at Hunter to her right, "considering you weren't brought up in this world, that question you just asked— doesn't scare you," Hunter stated the obvious. I was worried that my world would be hard on Ashley, that she wouldn't understand it, maybe even be terrified of it. But I know that isn't the case, she's calm, and she tries to understand, "did you?" Ashley searches Hunter's eyes as he watches her carefully.

"No, we didn't kill him," Hunter replies, he wishes he did. Despite what I told Ashley, she never did anything with the man, he didn't deserve to die for that. "Okay," Ashley mutters as she leans further into the seat, her head resting back. "Call it quits?" Nathan asked us as he drove slowly due to the amount of traffic, despite my friends being from different families, they all live nearby mine. "Yeah," I confirm, from the corner of my eye I could see Ashely glancing at me.

Normally Ashley is confident, she has this fire in her where she doesn't care about other people's opinions. However, right now, she's worried, scared almost. Ashley knows she fucked up, she just had to go and test me. I'm a fair person, an eye for an eye— that's what I believe, another thing I believe? Following through on my word, and I had given it her. Ashley knew what she was doing, there's no doubt in my mind about that.

The silence didn't last long, "is Elena visiting for the gala next week?" Nathan directs his question to Hunter as he glances in the mirror, "no." I look over Ashley to wait for him to expand. We should know better, he's like Luca in the sense that he won't give a lot anyway if he doesn't have to. "Why not?" I ask, pushing for an answer.

Despite The Pazis hosting the event, meaning it'll be surrounded by members from The Outfit, other families are invited— we all assumed Hunters family would join as they'd represent The West. I know Kian and Lizzie will be at the event due to Lizzies past friendship with Giovanni Pazi. They'll represent The New York Familie as Kian is the capo.