- Chapter Thirty-Four -

Numb

Numb.

Heartbroken.

Those are two words to describe how I feel. Betrayed— that's another one. Kai Bliss did exactly what he promised he wouldn't do, he broke my heart. Not only that, he lied to me, deceived me— seduced me into making me believe that he actually wanted me for one moment. He made me feel like he wanted me like I wanted him... I now know that was all a deception, it was all created on a bed of lies.

Kai Bliss hurt me, and the look on his face when Hunter spilled his secrets showed that he was more worried about me learning the truth, rather than hurting me. I should have never trusted him, and that was a weakness on my part. God, my sister warned me, she said he'd break my heart and that's exactly what he did. He shattered my heart to pieces and I am the one who has to pick up the pieces and put it back together as if he doesn't effect me.

My fake husband made many promises— all of which he broke, everyone who makes me promises breaks them, and I was stupid enough to believe he would be the one who wouldn't. He promised me, multiple times, that my sister had nothing to do with our marriage, and that it was all a coincidence, God, what bullshit that all was.

What he felt towards me was utter bullshit, none of it meant anything. It was fixated upon the lies he told and feed me, and I believed him. He must have pitied me, must have felt sorry for me. I opened up to him for him to betray not only my trust, but my heart. Fuck him for making me love him above everyone else.

"You can't sit here all night," Blake muttered besides me. My head rests against the window screen of his car. I noticed that we are now parked up and looking out of the window I spotted his house. It's massive, the architecture mixed between both a modern and a traditional feel. The doors and window frames matched in a black color, whereas the house itself was a white brick. I closed my head, blocking out all of my surroundings. "Ashley," Blake said gently as he placed a hand on my knee. I fought of the urge to push his touch away, if it were Kai or anyone else I would have.

"I just need five minutes," I mumbled as I took a deep breath. The events of tonight playing in my head on repeat. 'That's the sin of fate,' I scoffed at the memory. Kai knew I believed in fate, I believed it lead me to him and now I know that was never the case. He had it all planned out and I had no idea to it. I was oblivious to the situation, I almost laughed at how naive I was. "Okay," Blake uttered, he squeezed my knee but not in a way to rush me but rather to show comfort. I know Blake would have been anywhere else and he's only here because Kai asked but I sat there and held in my tears.

I refused to cry in-front of anyone, but my heart hurt. It physically hurt and the tears escaped me one at a time until they just kept falling. I swiped them away as if they signified my mistakes. My first mistake was letting Kai into my life and trusting him— my second mistake was opening my heart to him, knowing what he was capable of. I never thought that he would break my heart, mostly because I believed he didn't have a hold over it. God, just how wrong was I.