Chapter 8: What is Love?

The next week or so went by rather uneventfully. Well, as uneventful as a week with Dandelion could possibly be. During that time while we stayed in our hotel in the town I shall now name Nothingtown 2, I discovered the advantages of having 2 location independent jobs. During this week, I bought myself a new bicycle and began doing deliveries with Dandelion again for income.

Despite her pleas, it was only Dandelion who accompanied me on these journeys and not the bevy of critters she managed to sneak into our hotel room. At the end of the week, we made a trip to the forest nearby to return the critters. I explained to Dandelion the concept of a video call and who Mr. Tusin was.

"Can you spend the morning here by yourself?"

She gave me a thumbs up while staring at a tree.

"You promise you'll return alone with no 'friends' coming along?"

"I promise!"

Definitely not reassuring to be honest, better raise the stakes.

"If you keep your promise, we'll go out for tacos tonight."

"Yay!" She responded with a smile.

So precious.

They have hotels in the mountains?" Mr. Tusin asked.

"I'm at the base right now."

"Is that a Mexican Restaurant behind you?"

"What that?" I said turning around, "Oh uhhh... yes it's a restaurant that specializes in tacos. Vagabonds love tacos don't you know?"

"Huh... today I learned. Anyways Kane, I finished reading your next 3 chapters. You know, I was skeptical at first, but I'm warming up to the conspiracy idea."

"Oh, thanks sir."

"Just make sure it all ties together in the end. Add that one ingredient every good story needs. You know what I'm referring to right?"

I nodded. It was the ingredient consistent in every one of my stories.

"Love,"

Mr. Tusin nodded back approvingly.

"The ones who say sex sells only ever made short term profit. The truth is all humans are secretly saps don't you think?"

"Very true sir,"

"The first 6 chapters are edited by the way. You can finish the rest of the story in what, 2 weeks?"

"It depends on the vagabond."

"What?"

"Sorry, just being we..."

Before I could finish my catchphrase, a knock suddenly came from my door along with a loud howl.

"AWHOOOOOOOOOOO"

"Kane, what the hell was that? Are there wolves in your area?"

"Uhhh... yeah! Plenty of them! They're pretty much everywhere."

Suddenly the sound of paws began hitting against my door as well.

"Kane, are you going to be alr..."