Aftermath

"How are you even alive?" the host says, baffled.

"I don't know, how are you even doing this?"

The host looks at the timer above the screen. It shows the number twenty in large red negative digits. "Shi- nnsss.. The show was supposed to end 20 minutes ago- Sorry folks but, the show has to end eventually! Next time will be full of fun pranks and definitely shorter than this one!"

With that, he presses a small red button, causing the cameras to turn off. He sighs quietly before looking around at the messy studio that is the result of today's show.

He turns toward the salesman accusingly, "Now, how am I supposed to clean ALL this?"

The salesman shakes his head for a moment, "Wait, what about the audience?"

"Dead, like every episode. Except you, for some reason."

"But they were just..? Wait, hold on." The salesman pulls out his phone, checking the message from his boss. "Right, the six cameras. A deal's a deal yeah?"

"Seriously? Still on about those six cameras?"

"Yeah, you promised dickhead. Gotta get rid of em or my boss will be mad, especially when I wasted about 35 minutes of my damn time participating in your shitshow."

"What, show?" The host scowls, "That was a work of art! What if I don't accept?"

"Then fuck you."

"Loosen up, I was just playing with ya, not in the mood for jokes?"

"You said-"

"Alright, give me those cameras. I guess they'll just go into the storage room or something."

The salesman finally handed the six cameras to the host. As the host was about to head to the storage room, there was something off. He couldn't look away from the other man.

"Uhh, what are you waiting for? You said it'd go to the storage room right?" the other man asks, eyebrows knitting in confusion.

"Yeah I was but- I can't seem to look away? What is going on here..-" The host says in confusion.

"Ohh, right!" The salesman's eyes lit up in comprehension, "Remember when I said something about those 10 minutes of attention?"

"Hmm, I don't recall?"

"Of course you don't, but we're gonna have to look at each other for 10 minutes now. As much as I want to go on with my job and leave your sick mind to yourself, we're stuck. For 10 minutes."

"Frick." the host sharply says.

"Not manly enough to say fuck?" the salesman smirks.

"Shut it, how did I even spend 35 minutes with your sorry ass?"

"Now you're cursing."

"We're not being recorded live, are we?"

"Beats me."

A moment of silence struck both of them. The salesman fidgets with his sleeve under the other's gaze. The hosts' brows furrow slightly.

"So... how did you get the address to this place?" asks the host.

"Well, my boss just assigns me here and then.. Boom. I get teleported."

"With no warning?"

"Not really, but... Then again, I'm working at least every time of the day. Can't catch a break."

"That must suck for you, huh?" the host chuckles.

"Doesn't running a show suck for you?"

"Well no, not really. It's something I do for a living. Not for the money but, well.. Guess I was just supposed to run this show. Without the Laugh is Fun show, I don't know what I'd do. Probably make the show again, do whatever I do in every episode."

"...The Laugh is Fun show sounds weird." The salesperson criticises the other's show after a few seconds of silence, "You should really consider another name for it."

"I did! Sometimes I'd name it Laugh is Laugh or Laugh is Life but Laugh is Fun gains the most traction from the audience. Gives the most laughs to the people, and has a ring to it too! Laugh is Fun is better than Laugh is Laugh cause it... Not repeat! No one repeats liking, but Laugh is a good word, Laugh is a word to Laugh, To Laugh... Simply La-" He seems to lose focus as he continues talking.

"Snap out of it" The salesman snaps his fingers multiple times in front of the host, "The more you talk about laughing the more it loses its meaning."

"Sorry, sorry," he shakes his head before continuing, "Outside of these shows I just don't.. I don't really do much. Just thinking of puns and one-liners, gotta be prepared for the show. How about you? Do you do anything other than be an annoyance?"

"Wow, cut the insults man, haven't we already passed the show? You were literally spiralling about some word and having some kind of crisis earlier?" the salesman points out.

"Alright, fine, I'll be nicer."

"Thank you, now about your question.. Other than selling stuff from my boss I don't really do anything either. Just like you, I don't have any purpose other than to just sell stuff." the salesman continues, "This kinda makes us alike, sir.... Wait, I haven't even asked about your name."

"Err, do you really wanna know?...It's kinda stupid, and really coincidental."

"How exactly is it coincidental? Does it have something to do with the word 'laugh'?" the salesman chuckles slightly

"Unfortunately...yes.."

"Pfft, well it's better than having no name, right?"

"Actually, I'd prefer it if I didn't have a name..." the host mutters quietly.

"Awh, cmon, it can't be that bad. At least you don't get called the Indoor Salesman all the time."

"That's actually a better name, you see-" He turns towards the timer looking for a reason to stop talking.. The timer shows a negative 30, in bold red writing. "Damn, it's been 10 minutes. Uh- you should really be going now."

Just as the salesman was about to leave, a musical scale was heard from the salesman's phone. He picks up. "Another one? 154 pots? Sure, what kind?" He pauses for a moment, receiving a reply. "Oh, the non-drug ones. Right away, boss." He turns off his phone, looking up at the host. "Good luck on that shitshow of yours. Oh and uh, I hope I never see you again."

"Same to you, Mr. Salesman. Oh and, stop that swearing while you're at it." He smiles at the disappearing figure before looking away, examining the cameras he has in his arms. Hearing the door shut quietly, he enters the storage room, looking for space to place the cameras.

"Into the camera pile you go." he says while gently setting them down beside the other unused cameras and he looks back at the entrance door longingly. "I wonder, what would happen if he came back again? I mean, It wouldn't be a pleasurable experience for the both of us. After all, those pranks didn't affect him in the slightest." He pauses, shoving his hands into his pockets, before shrugging it off. "Whatever, I should go clean the stage."