His Last Offer

Addendum: The continuation of the story was not found in the recording, though it was found in the written version produced by SCP 66001. It seems that SCP 66001-1 had not been informed that this story had been continued. It should be noted that all members must participate in the story writing process and have an agreement for it to manifest a tape.

The salesman gapes at the familiar structure and doors, "Here again..? Boss, I spent like half an hour here. Why did you send me back..?"

Ineligible murmurs are heard from the other side of the phone, "Yes? You're kind of assigning these locations everywhere to get these offers done." he says, "Fine, but please make this the last time you're sending me here."

He ends the call, looking up at the familiar doors. Similar to the first time he is there, he lifts his hand and knocks firmly on the doors. Before jumping a few quick steps backward at the fling of the doors.

"Who's..? Oh, you again!" the host says in a daze, smile widening slightly "What offer do you have now, Indoor Salesman?"

"No need to call me that but... 45 laugh tracks. It wouldn't hurt to take this offer, it'll be as gentle as a...kiss?" the other man offers, a pink tint prominent in his cheeks.

"Sorry, what? Laughing tracks for what?.. What jokes can I make about laughing tracks.."

The salesman pauses for a moment, turning redder by the second. He mumbled quietly, "Why did you do this to me, boss? Any other price would be better than this..!"

"How many laugh tracks again, 45? Wait. It should be about time-" He looks at the timer, it was mere seconds till the show starts.

"I don't need any laugh tracks, I already have an active laughing audience." the host shrugs, suddenly he continues in an excited tone "Oh! Actually, you could be a part of my show! I've never had anyone join me so willingly!"

"Again?" the salesperson says getting pulled back onto the backstage like before.

"What do you mean again?" The host tilts his head, grinning for a moment before running to the stage.

After a few quick presses of buttons, the show starts again as the timer counts down from 25 minutes. His face is shown on every screen in front of him and the red curtains open revealing the audience.

"Welcome back to the Laugh is Fun show! I, your host, Laughy Mclaugherson will-" He introduces loudly to the audience,

"Oh, so that's your name." Mr. Salesman chuckles quietly as the host continues to talk to the audience.

The host slightly jumps at the voice and looks to the back. His non-existent eyes widen seeing the salesperson and he whispers silently to Sir Salesman. "...Now you know my name."

"It ain't that bad. Now, what is your sick mind planning this time?"

"I'd rather call it creative, but yes, there's a lot of pranks in store!" the host's grin wavers "Your offer is quite hard to make jokes out of."

"I offered you 45 laugh tracks, that's all I'm saying." the salesman put forward.

"I'll improvise those laugh track jokes later.." the host swerves his direction back to the audience. "Meet our special guest from last week, Mr. Salesman! He's back again for another dose of pranks, but we know you can't die so, how about we settle an agreement here."

"So!" he continues, pulling the o, "You'll do the pranks this time!"

"What?" Mr. Salesman points at him, confused, "You're the one with the anomalous powers here, not me."