NINE

[quick a/n]

thank u all for the support on the previous chapters!!! <3 this chapter is a bit longer. i've been struggling with writing this for a bit now. it really helps to see positive feedback. i hope i can write more.

pls vote and please comment too :)) <33

the party started at 7.

they're sending me back to class.

lloyd complained as (y/n) continued on their way home.

you get in trouble a lot? always trying to sneak off with people?

i dont have many friends who would be willing to skip school with me, so no. usually i just don't want to be here.

i thought you would be better at it then.

i usually am. you distracted me.

he joked.

i'm going to slap you tonight

you have no idea as to what i look like

i don't care i will ask around

i hate this teacher.

it was 6:00. lloyd had given the address to kai's house, it was only ten minutes away from (y/n). lloyd kept rambling on about whatever came to his mind, complaining about the freshman, discussing the changing of the seasons. fall was his favorite season, he said he liked watch everything outside transform with the cold air.

lloyd found something to fill the gaping silence within (y/n)'s head like they had been able to communicate like this for years. he spoke like he hadn't spoken to a single person in years and had to make up for all the words he missed. (y/n) however wasn't really paying attention to the other's mindless thoughts.

instead, they were rummaging through their clothing drawers trying to find something fit for the occasion.  they wanted something casual that wasn't too attention grabbing.

why did they care so much about their appearance? they asked themself as they looked in front of their mirror. it wasn't a big deal. was it?

their final outfit was an old favorite from last year, complete with a fairly new set of shoes. they did their hair like usual.

(y/n) left their house a bit late, not completely eager to get to the venue before the crowds. they arrived a little after 7, the party was already in full swing.

music blasted from the large windows, as well as colorful lights. there was still a line at the front door. the entire scene was foreign to them. everything about it was odd and new.

do i just go inside?

mhm. i'm already inside.

(y/n) took a deep breath. whoever was in their head was behind those dark brown doors. they stepped in line, not recognizing any of the faces in front or after them.