Chapter 20: The four lords

Dante was bored. He looked disdainfully at the city from the top of Morgana's castle. He had always hated these long periods of inactivity, of boredom.

Then, he felt someone approaching his room and heard a knock on the door.

"Come in," Dante said in a lazy voice. The door opened and one of the servants stepped into the room. It was Laeme, the eifro who always attended to him in the castle.

"Am irio, Mirie Morgana requests you at the study," the servant said very slowly.

Dante watched him calmly. He didn't want to walk all the way there, but Morgana might have something interesting to say.

"I'll go right now, but I need you to do something for me," Dante commented as he stood up.

Laeme looked at him with concern and began to speak with a lot of tension in his voice.

"Excuse me, sir, but I'm afraid it's impossible for me... my mistress asked me to escort you from here to the study and then..."

Dante didn't feel like hearing excuses. The eifro was frozen in place. He didn't move, he didn't blink, he didn't make a sound; he was under Dante's power.

The Lord of the Underworld began his calm and elegant march to the hall where the mistress of the castle awaited him.

The numerous gothic corridors opened out in front of him and made him think that it would be a problem to get lost in that structure. The paintings, of beautiful quality, represented scenes from the many battles that Morgana, Voltar and Árides had fought (and won), the dark windows gave way to the black view of the night, which was only illuminated by the nocturnal glow of the Angmar that also managed to bathe the castle and its surroundings with light.

He walked for a few minutes until he reached the elegant wooden door that led to the study. Two eifros were waiting for him and opened the door before he felt the need to gesture to them. He went into the room and saw with surprise that there were the other three Lords of the Underworld there.

Voltar stood with his hands behind his back, looking at the fire at the other end of the room; Árides was sitting elegantly in one of the chairs; Morgana, for her part, combed her straight black hair while she hummed a tune. The latter noticed his presence and looked at him.

"Dear Dante!" she exclaimed. "I'm surprised you came so quickly."

"Well, apart from the fact that I had nothing else to do, you piqued my curiosity."

Dante replied kindly, but with a bored look.

"What is this about?"

"Jagger and six companions were seen at Marabens," Morgan replied with a smile and an amused tone. "The Medares engaged them, but neither side suffered any casualties..."

"I don't understand why you asked your 'friend' to give away the position of Jagger and the Iluvars to the Medares," Voltar added, his voice rough, like he was angry, but Dante didn't care: he was always like that. "One of those idiots will figure out what's going on, Morgana, whether it's Marco or Jagger."

"Jagger will, but it will be too late," Morgana replied in a playful voice. "And as for the Medares, we want them to feel like we're good allies to them. Although Marco is a bit annoying, we need him."

"How do you even communicate with the Iluvar?" Voltar asked, still angry. Morgana held up a black rectangular device with blue buttons that was in front of herself.

"With this item. It has a funny name that I can't remember right now..." she said with delight.

Dante was intrigued, but about something else.