Chapter 34: Last preparations

Morgana received Dante's news with uncontrollable joy. Nothing gave her more pleasure than imagining the sense of helplessness the Fallen must have felt at that moment. However, it was not time to celebrate, she still had some final preparations to make.

"Dante, I want you to take charge of preparing the Enix. Nobody can do it except you."

"You don't have to flatter me, Morgana," Dante said with a smile. "This game of yours has been so much fun that I want to see how it ends."

Morgana returned his smile and watched him walk away from her. She began to walk towards Voltar and Árides's chambers. She didn't mind acting the messenger at all, since she also wanted to see Voltar's idiotic expression when he understood that, as always, she had been right.

She finally reached the big, beautiful white doors that marked the entrance to the spacious room where her allies rested, and she flung them wide open.

The luxurious chamber had white walls with gold embroidery for most of its length. A gigantic wooden bed with embellishments at each corner, a soft and thick mattress, and translucent white curtains, occupied a good part of the right side of the room. The floor was covered in an exquisite red rug that matched the maroon furniture that filled the room.

Árides was sitting in an armchair reading while Voltar seemed to have been pacing from one side of the room to the other.

"What's going on?" asked the latter. "Did we succeed in Ronoh?"

"That's right," Morgana said in a playful voice, "and it seems that our Fallen One has just remembered what fear is."

Voltar's face was not as shocked as Morgana had expected. On the contrary, he was filled with rage and excitement. He would have seemed happy if it hadn't been for the hatred in his eyes.

"Use your Medar and your Iluvar to get me the human. Bring her to me," said Voltar.

"An hour after the farcram invasion, I want Jagger to come for her here." Morgana was a little surprised by this determined attitude from Voltar, but she was so pleased that she decided to ignore her slight disappointment that she hadn't been able to have fun at his expense.

"I thought so, my dear Irio," she answered Morgana. "I will prepare everything. You just take care of killing the Fallen once and for all."