Chapter Fifteen

As has been often said, when one wanted time to crawl, that was when it tended to fly and soon it was time for Beast to go to the Isle.

It was a solemn group that stood in the front hall of the castle, the muffled sounds of cameras clicking away outside. Snow had tried her best to keep the news away from her colleagues but the news finally broke.

Not that Belle could blame Snow for that. The majority of the two weeks without the press breathing down their necks was more than Belle could ever ask for.

Still...she wished the scene in front of her didn't have to happen even if she was thankful Lady Persephone had made sure she and Mal were elsewhere as to afford the royal family some privacy.

"Be a big brave boy and look after your Maman and sœur fo me, I'll see you soon," Beast said softly as Ben clung to him. "Know this, I am so proud of you Ben."

"I don't want you to go papa...you could still hide...I'm sure Emir or Akiho have room in their castles to hide you so you don't have to go to the Isle," Ben whispered, his voice barely audible as his face burrowed into Beast's chest.

Beast couldn't help but smile sadly as he heard that. "But then Emir and Akiho would get in trouble and I know you don't want that to happen."

"No...but I don't want you to leave either," Ben said, not letting go of Beast. Beast wasn't going to lie, the sniffles coming from his son were chipping away at his willpower. He didn't want to leave either.

"Da da?" Abby said, her voice soft as she looked at him; the confusion evident on her face.

Beast tried to give her a reassuring smile. "You be a good girl for Maman okay? You'll see me again when you're a bit older but I've left you and your brother a video so you'll remember me."

He looked over Ben's head and locked eyes with Belle, his eyes pleading with his wife to make sure his daughter didn't forget him.

I won't, Belle's look promised. Your daughter will know who you are. The real you and not the you people tell her you are. I promise...and I love you. Please be safe, don't do anything risky and keep your head down.

"Listen to Lord Hades," she said softly. "He might be the only one on the Isle who'll help you...and I want you to be safe. I love you, that will never change."

"I love you too, Belle," Beast told her. "And I'll be as safe as I can be."

He looked down at the five year old still gripping onto him for dear life, as if breaking his grasp would allow his father to disappear. "Ben..."

"Yes papa...?"

Beast sighed. "You're...you're going to have to let go now..."

"But...if I do then you go away..." Ben whispered and shook his head. He didn't want his papa to leave.

Belle swallowed the tears that threatened to come as she tried to keep herself from breaking down for her children's sake. And yes, that included Chip. Mrs. Potts had suggested he attend to give Ben moral support, plus the teen was family to them.

"Ben...sweetheart...it's time for you to let go now," Belle said, her voice soft as she willed it not to crack.

"No! Papa stays here! Papa stays with me and Abby!" Ben said, his voice just as soft as Belle's had been but the firmness was audible as he clutched onto his father.

Chip bit his lip, knowing he was about to do something that Ben wouldn't like but he also knew that Belle couldn't pull Ben off of Beast while she was holding Abby.

"Come on Benji, it's...it's okay," he said softly.

"No! No Chip, don't! Let go! He stays here! Papa! Papa!" Ben cried as Chip gently tugged the five year old away from his father, Beast reluctantly leaning down slightly to assist Chip in peeling Ben's grip off of Beast's jacket.