chapter seven

hazel's pov:

laying with my body facing the sky, my sunglasses block the rays coming down from the sky. the giggles are heard in-front of me, belly, jeremiah, marissa and cam are playing in the water. chicken i think the game was, but either way, i definitely shouldn't be getting splashes from over here. 

leaning back on my elbows, i unlock my phone, pressing the play button on my music. home for the summer by sara kays plays as my finger-tips flick through my book. 

my current obsession, magazines about celebrities. harry styles, taylor swift, christian dior. 

a sink in my towel adjusts my position, conrad sits beside me, his ray-bans over his eyes and his torso completely uncovered. the salted water droplets falling down his body, he catches my gaze as his shades slide down to his nose.

"are you okay haze? you face is red" he teases, the edges of his lips turning upwards. flicking a small amount of sand toward him, i lean back into my towel. 

ever since conrad told me he and brooke weren't dating, i felt this rather sudden burst of happiness take over me. knowing i was still in love with him, changed everything. i had been refusing to admit it for months. but seeing him last week. 

god. 

my mind stuck in another world, my body flinches as a large gush of cold water rushes over me. flicking my glasses off, jeremiah and steven are stood over me. a large bucket and a huge grin, the two rush off toward the water as i land myself on my feet. 

reaching down, my hands pick up the wet and worn vogue magazine. of course it had to be my harry one, typical. 

it falls apart in my hands, it's completely wet. 

"i'm going to fucking kill you!!" i screech, running down the sand. both jeremiah and steven bolt back into the water. steven screaming like a girl, while jeremiah belly flops. gold.

belly and conrad explode with laughter, splashing water at both the boys "i won't be afraid to tell the whole town about your fan fiction steven" i grin. 

watching the conklin boy freeze in place, i almost piss myself with laughter. the face he was giving me, was absolutely hilarious. 

"okay fine fine truce" he repeats, shaking his hand out in front of me. i laugh, taking his hand in mine and shaking it back. 

gliding through the water, i swim out deeper. my back resting against the waves, them crashing against my skin. i watched as the clouds move with the wind, this world i beautiful and crazy. 

i often find myself thinking of reincarnation. what would i come back as? an animal? inanimate object? nature? 

i like to think i'd been something along the lines of a palm tree, or a butterfly. so beautifully created, taken advantage of. they were beautiful.

but what if i was the ocean. i was here most of everyday. whether it be resting in the water, or reading a book from the sand. the beach was my everything. it was the missing part of my soul, and i would do anything to treasure it. 

suddenly feeling two hands touch my waist, i jump up, floating in the water i find conrad beside me. 

our eyes gazing at each other, his, shifting between my eyes and my lips. 

eye contact was a marvellous thing, 'windows of the soul' it was often called. i never knew the meaning behind it, until conrad. he was a boy with many walls, secrets and insecurities. it was all under the facade of the bad boy, he used weed as his doing mechanism. acted like he didn't care. 

but it was moments like these, when all of that disappeared. he showed me his soul. every last piece of it. 

watching as his body was nearing in, an overly large wave crashed against my back. pushing me forward into the fisher boy, i use my hands to stop myself against his chest. 

and our eyes meet once again, his blue eyes struck me. he looks down, our face just mere inches apart. his hands grasped my waist, fitting perfectly across my love handles. 

he nears in again, up, down, up, down. 

i go to lean in, our chests touching. 

"come on you two, let's go" jeremiah screams from shore, causing us to itch apart. im uncomfortable to say the least, cause acting like nothing had happened. conrad swam away. 

maybe i was reading too much into it, but he was leaning in. wasn't he?

swimming back through the water, my ankles find the sand sinking. twisting the towel around my body, my body shivers as the cold water runs down it.

"here you look freezing" conrad smiles, ushering me towards him, he spreads his arms open. revealing his torso, the water droplets cascading down his toned and muscular abs.

i lean my back into him, as he covers the front of me in his towel. 

our bodies pressed one another, his fingers find their way to my arm. trickling his fingers down my arm, goosebumps covered my whole body. 

from my arm to my stomach, i watch as his fingers glide over my skin. running circles beyond circles. 

a loud cough makes him jump. belly stands there smiling at us, her arms crossed over her chest, she leans down to her towel "were going home, are you coming?". 

i feel conrad nod his head from behind, belly looks over to me with a grin and a wink "there's also this party tonight, everyones going" she says before walking off. 

i release myself from his grip, yearning for a hot shower, i dig around my bag. covering myself back into my clothes.

"are you going to that party?" he asks from in front of me, he's packing away his things. i nod my head "yeah maybe, you?". i notice a small smile creep its way onto his face "yeah maybe"