chapter eight

𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 * 𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬

sitting up in-front of her mirror, hazel dabs the wet blender over her face. the colour matched foundation setting into her pores, she brushes it over with powder. she lightly dips the brush in her gold eyeshadow palette, blending it into her eyelids. completely the eye look, she runs the mascara fan over her lashes. 

the black making her eyes pop, she outlines her lips with a dusty rose liner. finishing it off with a similar shade lipstick. 

she sets her makeup look, puffing up her hair. she walks to her wardrobe, settling on the green two piece. she wrap the top over her torso, her breasts sitting nicely as a slight cleavage reveals itself. 

she props herself on her bed sheets, slight crinkles ruffling over the bed, hazel ties her beige sandals around her ankles

she props herself on her bed sheets, slight crinkles ruffling over the bed, hazel ties her beige sandals around her ankles. walking back over to her desk, she reaches over for her necklaces. wrapping the silver chain around her neck, the top reveals her tattoo. a small angel sat over her collarbone. for florence.

a sudden knock on her door, rattles through the room, along with the burst of the door opening. belly and marissa plop themselves onto her bed. both using their elbows as leverage, the girls watch in awe as their best friend stands up.

her perfect hips and tiny waist. 

"hazel holy" marissa pauses as belly's gasp wails through the room "fuck. holy fuck". the clarke and taylor girls laugh at the young girl, her mouth wide-gaped. 

"conrad is gonna want to jump your bones" marissa laughs, her eyes scanning hazels body. "yeah and if he doesn't, i will" belly joins in. 

hazel twirls in her mirror, confidence reeking from her pores. 

"the boys are going to meet us there, are you ready?" marissa stands from the bed, making her way downstairs. catching up to their friend, belly and hazel follow down the staircase. susannah, laurel and bonnie sat at the dining room, their faces buried in their hands. 

"is everything okay?" hazel pipes up, watching as all their heads turn. susannah secretly wipes a tear away, hazel taking notice, walks over to the fisher women. she wraps her arms around her neck and leans into her ear "would you like me to stay?". 

the fisher women shakes her head, tapping the hand on her shoulder "no you girls go out. i'll be okay". hazel whispers i love you into susannahs ear before the three girls make their way outside. sitting in the front seat of marissa's car, hazels mind goes back to the weeks leading up to summer. what her mother had told her.

"hazel, susannah has cancer. it's bad. and i'm afraid she won't make it until next summer"

it was all she thought about. how everyone would react. how conrad would react. it was breaking her, knowing she couldn't tell him anything.