scars

POV Charlie

3 A.M was that too late or too early? that was the question that rushed through my mind as I hammered on the door of Patrick and Azura's house, I had only been here once when Azura invite me around for an even cup of tea after a stressful few hours in the lab.

I was hammering on the door for a sold minute when something smacked my head. I looked down and saw a tennis ball and then looked up, Hilda was leaning out of the window already holding another tennis ball. 

"What the Nether are you doing make that much noise at 3? GO TO BED!" Hilda yelled at me. 

"Sorry!" I called. "This is important," 

Hilda threw the second tennis ball at me, this one smacking me in the forehead. "STOP MAKING NOISE OR I'LL FEED YOU TO KYLE'S SNAKE!" 

"Kyle has a snake?" I asked. another tennis ball to the face. "How many of those do you have?" 

Hilda lifted and aimed another. "Keep talking and I'll keep throwing," 

the door opened and Patrick in a sleeping gown was standing there. "Don't worry Hilda, I have this under control," Patrick called. 

"If I still hear him in ten minutes, I'm getting upgrading to a shoe," Hilda said disappearing back into the window.

"Charlie, it is 3 in the morning, my wife is sleep deprived, and has been struggling with the baby for the last few nights...your luck you're one of her best friends or she would of come out here and punched you hard in the gut," Patrick said.

"Tell her sorry," I added. 

Patrick just stared at him. "You're also lucky you didn't wake Charlene, or we both would of fed you to Kyle's snake," he added looking very serious 

"Okay, what is this about a snake? when did Kyle get a snake?" I asked.

"just get to the point, why are you here?" Patrick asked.

I nodded. "I learned what Crystal and the arcane Knight are looking for it," 

Patrick looked unimpressed. "Charlie that can wait," he then slammed the door shut in my face. 

"COME ON!" I yelled. "THIS IS...." I was smacked in the face by a boot, stumbling back, it was a proper boot as well.

"said I'd be back in 10 minutes," Hilda said lifting her second boot. "Now, go away before I throw a piano at you next,"

"OKAY! okay I'm going," I said quickly turning from her house and running. 

I got back to my flat and staired to change into something to sleep in and stopped to stare at myself in the mirror, my hands travelled to the two large scars, the one high in my chest from where Naeus stabbed me with the ruby thorn, and the second from the nether assassin, Azura later explained how it was a miracle that I wasn't turned into a netherkin. 

I wasn't sure what hurt more, the scars themselves or the mirrors of how I got them, I could still feel Naeus plunging that spear into my chest, the thoughts as I was about to die, the regrets I had at that moment, Kyle's eyes staring at me as I felt death's slow embrace. 

I shivered, I was far from the only person here with a scar, in fact not even the only person here with a scar from the ruby thorn, I remember when I first saw the scar on Rain's chest.

the battle was long and hard, me, Rain, Stella and Morgan were caught in an ambush by the nether, an explosion, I was caught off for a moment when a pigman broke through the smoke a weapon in hand.

I was the one who was hit, Rain took the hit to his chest, it was bad and would need to be seen to. the pigman didn't have a chance to attack me as a bullet impacted its head as it fell to the ground, dead.