Chapter Four

Chapter Four

______________

"Stop." I groaned as Sydney kicked me again. I'm sure I'd be bruised by the time I actually got up, as the clock only read 4.36. I shoved Sydney to the side and she sighed deeply but remained on her side.

Turning over I tried to go back to sleep, but I couldn't. Finally after 20 minutes of trying I got out of bed and went into the bathroom to get ready for the day. After I finished my shower and doing everything else I made my way back into the room, now it was only 5.45, great.

Everyone was still asleep, so I grabbed the room key and went to explore. As the door clicked behind me I gently made my way down the stairs. I didn't see anyone and not that I expected to really, it was pretty early.

A breeze greeted me when I opened the door, the corners of my mouths twitching. Something about the morning breeze and the fact that the world was quiet made me feel more alive.

Like I was the only person left on earth, which is a crazy scary thought but also comforting in a way. Seeing the light to the 24/7 gas station ahead I shoved my hands into my pockets to keep my fingers warm.

As to be expected I was the only one in the store, apart from the bored cashier tapping away on his phone. I searched the aisles and bought a bunch of snacks for the upcoming day because knowing Alex, he wouldn't stop again for a while. After I had my hands full I dumped all the goods on the counter. Mr. Cashier peeked at me under his lashes before he set his phone down and began to ring up my items.

Paying the nice guy I left the store with two bags and a box of donuts to share. I placed all the things I bought in the back of the van, my designated travel spot, before I decided I should probably go back up. But then again it was peaceful right here or it would have been if he hadn't showed up.

"Lucy?" His voice saying my name sent a shiver through me and I had to admit that it sounded amazing coming from his lips. Whoah, Lucy, you have a boyfriend. A boyfriend you love and has done nothing to deserve you thinking of any one else.

"Hey Alex." I sighed sitting down on the curb beside the van.

Alex walked over and sat in the spot next to me, not close enough to be touching but close enough not to be rude. "Couldn't sleep?" He asked, his voice a whisper in the crisp air. I shook my head and leaned my head against my knees.

"Sydney kicks in her sleep." I groaned as I remember each time she moved, "it was the worst night sleep ever."

"Try sleeping on a chair." He rolled his eyes, smirking ever so slightly.

I snorted, "Did the chair kick you repeatedly?"

Shaking his head he ran his hand through his hair, "Naw but I couldn't get comfortable in such a compact space."

"I'll trade tomorrow, or later today," I shook my head, it was going to be a long day already. "You sleep beside Sydney and I'll sleep on the chair."

"You mean, I have to sleep with Sydney?" He raised his eyebrows suggestively and I shoved his shoulder. My heart sank as he laughed, "I don't mind."

I jumped to my feet and smiled, or tried, down at him, "When are we leaving?"

Alex's seemed confused and his happy demeanor changed instantly, I knew I was the cause of this yet I couldn't talk about Sydney and him...together. "I'm not sure." He sighed, "Whenever everyone's ready."