Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

______________

 As soon as I got back to the room I instantly jumped into the shower. I was dirty, I almost cheated on my boyfriend. My lovable, honest, and loyal boyfriend. How could I even think about something like that?

I finished up in the shower and hopped into bed, my mind racing. Everyone was still out so I was alone, for now. I hid my face in the pillow and pretended to be asleep when someone opened the door.

They didn't make a noise as they came in and butterflies fluttered in my stomach. My chest ached at the need to sneak a peek at him but I stopped myself, I had too.

He sighed loudly before shutting the bathroom door. I heard the water start and I let out a breath that I hadn't noticed I was holding. I pulled out my phone and I sighed, I had one missed call. From my mom. She's going to kill me.

I hit redial and held the phone to my ear as it rang.

"Hello baby." She greeted me happily, "You okay? You're not hurt, are you?"

A grin started to form and I laughed, "Mom, I'm fine. I guess I'm a little tired of traveling in the car but I think we're almost there." My voice was hopeful.

"Well, that's good I suppose. What state are you in?"

"Um, I'm not sure." I laughed as I stood up looking around for something that gave away my location. "There is lots of mountains, so I think Colorado."

"Other states have mountains too honey."

"Well I think it's Colorado. I don't know I can't find the little book thing."

She laughed, "That's fine. I was just calling to tell you that I love you and I hope you're having the adventure of a lifetime."

"Thanks mom. I love you too." I groaned, "I'm scared." I whispered and I wasn't sure if she heard me or not.

"Why? What's wrong?" Her response was instant and aggressive. "Are those boys being mean to you? That's it you're coming home, I'll come get you."

"No. No. Calm down." I rushed out, "I'm fine. Nobody is being mean, promise."

"Then why are you scared honey?"

"I just-," I stopped, "I miss you."

"Awe baby, we'll be here when you get back, you have your fun and then come home. Okay?" She wanted an answer.

"Yeah, sure." I agreed. "I gotta go now, Love you."

"Love you!" She shouted from the other end.

Shaking my head I hung up the phone and made my way back to my bed. I stopped when I saw a figure standing in the doorway to the bathroom.

His face was expressionless as he shut the light off and made his way into the room. He fussed with his bag and I laid back down. Then he did something that surprised me, he got into the next bed.

"Um, what are you doing?" I wondered as he got comfortable under the covers.
He looked over at me, a sleepy expression on his face. I thought he looked adorable but I pushed that thought away. "Sydney offered me to share the bed." He sighed closing his eyes.

I turned on my side and stared at his face. He was a lot like his brother, especially when they were sleeping but Alex pouted his lips and he had a slight crease on his forehead. I was watching him when suddenly he opened his eyes and I shut mine but I'm sure he saw.