Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

______________

We were at the entrance to the park hanging out as we waited for Alex and Sydney to come out.

I was tired from all the walking around we did and I sighed shifting my feet. "Tired?" Justin laughed as he noticed my uncomfortableness.

Nodding I leaned against his side and he laughed, "Why did we walk so much?" I groaned.

"Because Alex was being an ass." Harry laughed.

That's when I saw him making his way over to us, a familiar scold on his face. "Is he ever happy?" Harry smirked.

"Nah." Justin laughed, throwing his arm around my shoulder. I watched Alex's jaw clench, his eyes meeting mine. I tried to give him a small smile but he wasn't having it.

"Let's go." His voice was rough as he walked past us.

Justin laughed and followed behind him, Harry rolled his eyes close behind. I stood there and just watch him walk away. Why was he always, and I mean always, unhappy? Did someone hurt him so bad that he couldn't feel happiness anymore?

"Where'd the boys go?" Sydney came up beside me, she was glowing as she bounced on the balls of her feet.

I smiled at her, "They went to the van. What's got you in such a good mood?"

She sighed happily and we began our walk to the car, "Just the guy I talked to." She bit her lip as she pause, "He's seriously the most interesting person I've ever met. Like I could listen to his voice forever, me, listen." She gushed, "Ugh love hurts."

"Love?" I laughed, "You just met him."

We were at the car and Justin was holding the side door open for us as we approached. "Yeah but when you love someone, you just know."

I kept my gaze down as the car began to move, "Yeah, I know the feeling." I mumbled under my breath.

_________

We drove for endless hours before we finally stopped. It was dark outside and the moon was giving off it's glow as Alex parked the van into a parking spot.

Filing out of the car we went into the lobby of a very nice hotel. Sydney was ecstatic as she looked around, at least Alex was being nice to one of us. We got two rooms that connected again, more space for us all to spread out.

"Hey, we should go swimming." Justin suggested as we all settled into our rooms.

"Please." Sydney squealed as she dug through her bag for her suit. I smiled and unzipped my bag, searching for my suit as well. It took everyone less than five minutes to get ready before we were walking out the door we just came through to head down to the pool.

Alex was next to me and I held my towel tighter against my body, suddenly feeling all flustered. Hot, humid air greeted us as the door to the pool room opened along with a chlorine stench that reminded me of being a kid again.

I felt a smile making it's way onto my face as I threw my towel on a chair before jumping into the pool. I heard laughter as I reached the surface and I found everyone staring at me, "Excited?" Harry laughed.

I blushed, meeting Alex's amused eyes as I hid in the water. Shortly after everyone was in the water Justin wanted to play 'pool games'.

"Okay." Harry slapped the water for effect, "we're playing chicken first so pick someone to compete with."

"Alex!" Sydney instantly screamed, Alex shifted uneasily in the water.

"You okay with that?" Justin and Harry laughed

"Yeah, why not?" He growled.

"We could always mix up the partners, so everyone gets a chance." Harry shrugged.

My stomach knotted at the possibility of being Alex's partner. "Sure, sure." Justin agreed and Alex and Syd nodded.

"I'll sit this one out if you two wanna be partners." Harry suggest. Justin smirked and in a flash he was under me. I squealed as I was lifted into the air, my hands gripping his hair which stopped his laughter as he let out a low groan.

"Sorry." I mumbled as the other's laughed.

"It's fine." Justin smirked up at me, wrapping his hands around my legs to steady me, "I like to rough too." And he had the nerve to wink.

Rolling my eyes I waited for Sydney to get on Alex's shoulders. Laughing Sydney scrambled to stay on and my eyes zeroed in on Alex's hands gripping her thighs. I was suddenly fueled with jealousy and all I wanted was to push her off him, which was the point of the game.

"Ready?" I asked, my voice sounding angry even to my ears.

"Yeah." Sydney giggled and I glared.

Justin walked over to them slowly and stopped about a foot away from them. "Okay." Harry called, "Go!"

I reached for Sydney and she laughed, shoving her shoulders she wobbled. "Hold me tighter Alex." She giggled again.

"You got this Luc." Justin cheered me on. I gave her another shove and she fell into the water but Alex stayed standing. "We did it Luc."

I smiled as Sydney gasped up at me, her hair wet, which she hated. "Alex's isn't as strong as he looks." She pushed water at his chest in defeat before going over to the side.

"My turn!" Harry smiled making his way into the middle of the pool, "Get on Alex." He gestured to his shoulders."

Alex looked appalled by the idea, "Are you serious? I'd crush you."

"No way dude." Harry shook his head, "I'm way stronger than you."

Justin squeezed my knee and I smiled down at him, "We're going to win because our bond is better." He joked.

"Oh for sure." I agreed, "Besides apparently Alex isn't as strong as he looks."

"Fine." Alex huffed, climbing onto Harry's shoulders. I must admit that Alex looked way stronger than Harry and it was awkward to see him on his shoulders. Harry puffed up his cheeks and blew it out loud as he clutched Alex's thighs.

"See." Alex smirked and then looked at me, "You're going down Jacobs."

I returned the grin, "You wish Kidd."

"Go!" Syd yelled.

Justin gripped my thighs tighter as I stared into Alex's eyes. Alex shoved my shoulders and I giggled trying to shove his back. His laughter filled my ears and I was so entranced by the sound I literally became a puddle. Next thing I knew I was falling, Alex going with me.

Alex landed on to of me and I grabbed his shoulders for support as we reached the surface. His arms slipped around my waist as he held me to his chest, a grin on his lips. I heard laughter in the distance but I just stared at him. I noticed that we were moving closer and then I was pushed under the water.

Hands were lifted from my head but I stayed under the water for a little longer. I was going to kiss him. Oh my God. Andy. Guilt.

I came up for air and sighed, Harry and Justin play fighting in the middle and Sydney was scrolling through her phone. Alex was staring at me, confusion and anger on his face. I blushed, he was probably angry that I was going to kiss him when his brother is my boyfriend and he was confused because I loved Andy.

I climbed out of the pool, grabbing my towel off the chair I wrapped it tightly around me. Grabbing one of the room keys off the table I started to walk back to the room. I felt dirty and I didn't even kiss him.. But I wanted to, I really wanted to.