Keep your family close, keep your frenemies closer

Rhea 

I wake up as the sun is just setting due to Queen Nicasia's screeching from 5 levels down. 

Great. 

As I peel myself out of bed and throw on a pair of pants, a tunic and a robe decorated with gold on top, I strap my sword to my side and head down the stairs.

 Nicasia and Nara are waiting for me, seething. 

"You..." Nicasia hisses and Mom snarls at her as she advances quickly on me.

 "One more step and I'll have you thrown out" Mom snaps as Nara stomps towards me after her mother. 

Nara throws Mom a glare and I put up a hand before Mom can leap on Nara. 

"You dare to throw my daughter out of your little pathetic circle when she is the most valuable asset on your team?" Nicasia roars and I give her a gleaming smile. 

"Pathetic circle? Well if it's so pathetic, then why are you two so bothered?" I taunt back and I see Dad sneer as he turns away. 

"One more snippy sentence and I'll cut your tongue out of your mouth myself" Nara snarls and I reach for my dagger, pointing it at her lazily. 

"Oh Nara... you forget who's the better swordswoman. You'll be going home with your tongue gone before you can say another poisoned word. I'll make sure to clean your tongue, because I must say your tongue must be poisoned from jamming it down Prince Castien's throat last night." 

My circle snickers and when she looks at them, they offer cool glances.

 "Nara, you betrayed me first. You could've jeopardized my relationship with Dorenhid royalty. I am your future Queen, despite your beliefs that your ocean is above mine. Well it's not. You'll bow to me one day, and if you destroy my agreement with Dorenhid, not only will they destroy me, but they'll destroy you and your kingdom next. Nara, I am doing this to teach you a lesson. To not mess with me. I can't have someone contaminated by someone who wants me for their throne in my inner circle." 

"How dare-" Nicasia roars. 

I turn my attention to her, fixing her with a level scowl. 

"No. How dare you. Daughter loving had to go to Mommy dearest because she felt like she needed someone with bigger balls to go up against me. It's pathetic looking at the two of you in here whining about Nara being kicked out of my circle when what she played at if I were Queen would have been treasonous. Isn't it, Mother?" 

Mom smirks, folding her arms over her sage green dress. 

"It is. If someone in my inner circle did what your daughter played with my daughter, I would've already hung her by her toes in the garden with blood flowing down her body." 

Dad stands up from where he leaned against the wall and narrows his eyes at Nicasia. 

"If you play this stunt with your daughter on my daughter ever again, I'll make sure to block the entrance to Elfhame from your kingdom. Do not cross my line again, Nicasia. If you're trying to get revenge on me or Jude for all those years ago, you're a few years too late. And if you do want revenge, I'll make sure you taste the blood and metal on your tongue of my daughter and wife's swords before they kill you." 

"I am a Queen-" she seethes and I place my hand on my sword as she grabs her own dagger, I can smell the poison on it. 

Mom reaches for her hidden knives, and my circle brace themselves for a brawl. 

"I don't care" Dad says evenly, raging. 

"Your kingdom is a part of my empire. If you want your kingdom to be wiped out, keep going down this path. I dare you. If you go after my children, I'll make sure you bleed because of me. If you go after my wife, I'll make sure you bleed because of her. Get out of my court."