Can't ever go back now

A/N: Humans fucking suck 

Rhea 

It's been a few days since Castien left and my wedding is rapidly approaching, meaning I'm more nervous than I ever have been in my entire life. 

Not only has Castien left, but I think I'm in love with Catalan. 

After all he's done for me in the past three months, it'd be hard not to.

 Giving me his mother's engagement ring, promising forever to me, helping me find a way to bring down Nicasia with no hesitation, the first time he kissed me, the first time I kissed him back, the picnic he planned for me... 

"Rhea!" someone shouts and I shriek as I jump and I let out a mouthful of colorful swears when my teacup shatters on the floor. 

"Rhea, honey, are you okay?" Mom asks worriedly as I start to brush the glass shards together and I nod before I look at my family. 

All of their brows are furrowed nervously as they look at me and I let out a shaky breath as I start to cry. 

"Oh sweetheart," Aunt Taryn says softly as she hugs me. 

"Were you this nervous?" I ask shakily and she gives me a sad smile as she pulls away and takes my hand. 

"Even more nervous than you were, Rhea. It's perfectly normal for you to be nervous. You're marrying someone you think you know but maybe you don't. And maybe they're actually a psychopath in real life and maybe you kill him when you're newlyweds and then name your son after your dead husband-" 

"Taryn," Mom snaps and I pull away as fear pulls at every muscle in my stomach. 

"Rhea, stop freaking out. You and Catalan are in love, and your wedding is a celebration of that. Besides, it's a little too late now. You can't ever go back now," Dad says with a laugh and I feel bile rise in my throat as my family teases me and tries to help me refocus.

 "I-I just remembered I h-have a meeting," I stammer as I rise to my shaky feet and dash from the room. 

I don't stop running until I make it to my room and slam the door shut. 

As I lean against it, panic rises in my chest and I think I might be having a panic attack when I see my wedding dress on a hangar in my close. 

Oh my god I can't breathe

I rifle through my drawers as I change out of my blouse and corset into a striped long sleeve and faux leather jacket before taking my hair out of it's complicated up-do before letting it hide the points of my ears. 

I grab the keys to Aunt Vivi's house and run out of my room and to the stables before galloping out of Elfhame. 

I need to go to the human world. 

                      When I enter Vivi's house, Vivi is waiting in the doorway and she's frowning as I freeze with my Target bag of chips, Twizzlers, and chocolate in hand. 

"How did you know I-" I start but she draws me into a hug and I start to cry as I hug her back. 

When she pulls away, she's smiling. 

"Your father had a sneaking suspicion after an interesting conversation you had earlier with your family about your wedding, and your mom said you looked like you were going to throw up. She texted me when she reported a raggwort steed was stolen from the stables. So what's going on, honey?" she asks as she leads me into the living room and we sit on the couch after Heather says hi to me before making up some fake excuse to give me and my aunt some time alone.