Chapter 2

New Kids on the Block

Nicole woke to the obnoxious sound of her alarm clock blaring in her ear

"Shit." She sighed, rolling over and slapping the alarm so it would shut up.

She sat up in bed and looked in the mirror across at the bird's nest that was her hair. Getting up she headed to the bathroom and proceeded to get ready for the day ahead.

Sliding on a pair on jeans, and a sweater, she pulled her blonde hair into a ponytail. Walking back in her room she saw Max was already ready.

"Hey Mad Max, you excited for school?" She ask.

"Did you seriously just ask that?" Max responded.

"Yeah, but from context clues I'm saying it's a no. Well are you excited for Halloween tomorrow?" Nicole ask.

"Duh, it's my favorite holiday. I get free candy and to Scare little kids, what more could a person want." She responded with a grin.

"So do you want me to take you trick or treating this year?" Nicole ask.

"I can go on my own. I'm thirteen." She says slinging her bag over her shoulder and walking outside the room.

"Okay then." Nicole says grabbing her bag and heading outside too.

The teens piled into Billy's car, Nicole having to pull the passenger side seat up for Max to slide in the back.
Nicole sits down, as Billy starts up the car, speeding out of the driveway.

Eventually they pull up in to school, Max heading off to the middle school. Billy slides out of the car, and immediately girls are staring at him. Nicole rolls her eyes, slinging her bag over her shoulder and heading inside to the counselors to get her schedule.

"Hi Mrs. Kelly, my name is Nicole Hargrove, I'm here to get my schedule." Nic says.

"Hi, I was expecting you and your brother. Where is he?" She asked.

"He should be on his way." Nicole replies.

"Alright then here's your schedule and here is a map where the classes are located. Good luck and have a great day." Mrs. Kelly says.

Nicole nods and leaves, heading to her first period. History. She walks in the class seeing she was a little late and everyone was already seated.

"Oh you must be our new student, everyone this is Nicole." The teacher introduced. Nicole stood there awkwardly until the teacher motioned for where she should sit.

She sat down looking at the girl next to her.

"Hey, I'm Nicole." She says.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Robin."

"Nice to meet you Robin. So is this class decent or?" Nicole asked.

"It's pretty slow, Mrs. Click is pretty boring. In band we call her Mrs. Clickety Clackety." She smiles.