Chapter 9

Breakfast at the Byers

"Steve." Nicole mumbled as she rolled over, wrapping her arm around Steve and laying her head on his chest.

They laid on the floor of The Byers living room, everyone decided to spend the night there since it was already so late when they all got back.

"Hey Nicole." Steve said, kissing the side of her head.

Nicole looked up to see Hopper sitting there, drinking his coffee, staring at them.

"Hey Hopper!" She waved. She was introduced to everyone better last night, whenever Hopper and Eleven showed up, and explained better on what had happened.

"Hey kid." He responded. "Are you too dating?" He asked.

"Yes." They both respond sitting up from under there mound of blankets that had.

"I thought you were dating Nancy." Hopper says.

"No, she is dating Jonathan." Steve says.

"You're really behind." Nicole yawns, stretching before standing up and pouring her some coffee.

"Where is Max?" She asked.

"Wills room, the kids built a fort yesterday and are all sleeping in it." Joyce says, grabbing her a cup of coffee as well.

"That's sweet." She says, taking a sip of her coffee.

"Steve, how did Billy get home if we took his car?" Nicole asked, speaking what was on her mind.

"Walked I guess. I don't know." Steve shrugged, standing up and leaning beside her on the counter.

"Well, if he went home without Max and without me, dad would have killed him. So where is he at?" Nicole ask.

"Maybe dead." Steve joked, but received a glare from Nicole. "I'm kidding, he's probably fine, quit worrying." He assures.

"Well I'm his older sister, it's what I do." She shrugged.

"Okay, well you kids go rest some more, while I make breakfast." Joyce says, opening the fridge and pulling out a container of eggs.

"Do you need help Ms. Byers?" Nicole ask.

"I'm okay Sweetie, thank you though." Joyce replies.

They do as told, going and sitting on the couch.

"I'm sleepy." Steve says resting his head on her shoulder.

"Then go back to sleep." Nicole says taking the last sip of her coffee then sitting the cup on the side table.

"But I'm not tired." He says.

"That makes no sense." She laughs. He moves his head from her shoulder to laying on her leg, she gently ran her fingers through his hair.