Healing

The next morning, Legolas woke up in the dark – like always. But he could feel a body next to him. He propped himself up on an elbow and faced the body.

"Elladan?" Legolas tried.

"Yes, Legolas?" Elladan replied.

"I'm sorry about last night. I didn't mean to upset you."

"What?"

"You slammed the door when you left. I thought you were mad at me."

Elladan sat up and pulled Legolas onto his lap, "I wasn't mad at you, Legolas. I was mad at Erestor."

"Oh. "

They went down to breakfast. Legolas sensed more people in the room and wondered who they were. Most likely they had come back with the twins from Lorien. Legolas ate his breakfast quietly, but couldn't shake the feeling that someone was looking at him. No, not just looking at him: watching him. He tried to ignore it, but it didn't work. He felt the gaze all day. Finally, Elladan told Legolas that he'd brought someone who should be able to cure Legolas' blindness.

"Who? Where?"

"In our room. Come."

Elladan led Legolas through the halls and into their bedroom. There, Legolas felt the eyes and became guarded. He was having mixed feelings about this. He felt afraid of this person's stare, but at the same time their presence was somewhat comforting. He wanted to let his guard down, but he couldn't.

Hello, little Thranduilion {son of Thranduil}, a voice said in Legolas mind.

Legolas jumped and stumbled backwards onto the bed.

Wh-who are you? Legolas answered back.

I am Galadriel, Elladan and Elrohir's haruni {grandmother}. I am here to help you.

"Lady Galadriel," Legolas breathed, standing.

"No need for the formalities, Legolas. I have not introduced myself as such, and so I will not have you address me as such. Please," Galadriel said, coming forward and placing a hand on the young prince's shoulder.

Legolas started at the sudden touch, but relaxed and let himself be comforted. Galadriel sat him on the bed and bade him to close his eyes. She sent Elladan out of the room and placed one of her hands on either side of Legolas' head. She rested her thumbs on his eyelids and started praying, but also working a little magic.

Valar willing, may what was lost, now be found

Valar willing, let sight return and darkness fade

Valar willing, let the veil of darkness be torn

Valar willing, let the sun reach this soul again

~~

Elladan paced outside of his and Legolas' room. He was nervous. What if this didn't work? What if Legolas couldn't be cured? That was silly! It was an Orcish poison. It might be crude and powerful, but there were cures. Right? Elrond came up behind his son and began to take him away to the library.

"Ion-nin {my son}, pacing will not help him. If she does heal him, she will need to reintroduce him to light. We must be patient. You may even have to sleep in our brother's room tonight."

"Alright, Adar {Father}. I'll try to relax," Elladan agreed as they entered the library. "Perhaps a book will help."

Elladan picked up a book and began to read, hoping that he would be able to be patient for possibly the next day or so. But it was so hard. Knowing that the one he loved could be healed and he couldn't celebrate, or that the one he loved couldn't be healed and he couldn't be there to console Legolas. He would just have to wait. But waiting was so hard.

A/N   Hope y'all like it! See you next update! And thank you to NolwenTurgon for being the first to comment on the last chapter!