Eighty-Five

Mike and Nel get back to the house and just stare at it.

Mike sighs and looks at Nel.

"I'm not going in that house, Mike."

"You don't have to. I packed your things."

"Is Mitch packed?" Nel asks.

Mike sighs. "I told him we're leaving." Mike says.

Tears begin to form in Nel's eyes as she looks at Mike and nods her head before wiping away a single tear.

"You okay?" Mike asks.

Nel nods as Mike gets out of the car to get Nel's things as well as Mitch.

As she sits in the car alone, Nel rubs her very large pregnant belly.

Something then tells her to look in the backseat.

She slowly turns around and sighs of relief.

Suddenly, Nel starts to have really bad contractions.

She starts to scream at the top of her lungs from the pain the babies are causing her.

She can't stand the pain anymore and she doesn't want to go inside the house but she fears she might have to.

**

Scott's laying on Mitch's bedroom floor just looking at the ceiling when Mitch comes in and quickly closes the door behind him.

Scott smiles like a little kid.

"What'd you get?" Scott asks Mitch.

Mitch holds up Shawn's watch.

"He took it off to paint. Why does a ghost need a watch?" He said.

Mike begins to beat on Mitch's door calling his name.

"Mitch!"

"Mitch!"

"Mitch!"

Mike tries to open the locked door without success.

"Mitch! You disappeared on me. What the hell happened?"

More banging on the door erupted.

"Mitch, your mom's waiting in the car. We have a plane to catch."

Mitch unlocks the door and swings it open.

"Good! Go far away. Just don't bring mom in the house." Mitch says with a worried tone.

Mike shakes his head and grabs ahold of Mitch's arm.

"What are you talking about? You're coming with us." Mike says.

"No!" Mitch yells as he yanks his arm away from his dads grip.

"I can take care of myself. If you want, you can come back for me later. But for right now, you have to trust me and get the hell out of here. And tell mom I love her and good luck with the babies." Mitch explains.

Becoming more and more frustrated with his son, Mitch picks Mitch up by his shoulders and pushes him back into his room as Mitch starts to cry with almost every word he says.

"What's the matter with you? Huh? Are you high or something?"

"I wish." Mitch cries.

Mike calmly talks Mitchs face in his face and looks at him in the eyes.

"I stopped at a red light, and you were gone. Where did you go?" Mike asks.

"Nowhere. I was right here." Mitch says.

Mike just looks at his son more confused than ever.

"I wanted to come. I swear. I couldn't leave the house." Mitch cries.

"Stop it! You're lying! You're on drugs, I can tell! Tell me what kind right now. Tell me!" Mike yells as he starts shaking Mitch by his shoulders.

Mitch escapes Mike's grip again and walks slowly back away from him not breaking eye contact.

"I'm dead!" Mitch yells.

"Don't you get it? Once you die in this house, you don't get to leave. That's why you need to take mom somewhere safe." Mitch explains through tears,

Nel begins to honk the car horn to get Mike's attention for help.

Mitch and Mike look out the window down to the car and see Nel struggling.

"That's exactly what I'm gonna do." Mike says.

"Mike!" Nel yells from outside.

"You're coming with me." Mike says as he snatches Mitch up by his arm.

Nel gets out of the car and is struggling to stay standing as she gets out of the car.

Moaning loudly from all the pain, gains Connie's attention as she runs next door to help Nel.

"Oh, Nel! Is-is the baby coming?"

"No! No, it's too soon!" Nel screams.

"No, no, no! No, honey! When a child is ready to be born, there's no stopping it." Connie says.

"No!" Nel yells.

"We got to get you to the house." Connie says pretty much dragging Nel to the house.

"No!"

**

Mitch keeps trying to explain to Mike that he's dead, but Mike's not hearing it.

He's already convinced Mitch is on drugs and ready to take him to the hospital next.

"I took some pills. I didn't mean to kill myself." Mitch cries.

Then they both hear the front door open and Nel yelling for Mike.

Both Mike and Mitch run down the stairs and meet Connie and Nel at the door.

Just as the door swings open, Nel's water breaks at the front door on the floor mat.

"What's wrong?" Mike asks.

"The babies are coming!" Nel yells grasping Connie's hand.

Mike takes Nel's other hand and both Connie and he quickly walk Nel to Mike's office.

Connie runs back and slams the door as she looks at Mitch.

"It's time."