CHAPTER 5: Gone

Ceara Denoir

"So, what do you want with my bond?"

It was the Vritra girl. She was looking at me with such killing intent that she could have been mistaken for an asura herself. And what did she say about a bond? What was that.

"I'm sorry, I am not quite sure what you mean. I don't even know what a bond is." I answered with a careful politeness.

She sighed. Rude, I thought.

"Him, what do you want with him" pointing to the paper I had in my hand. It had the mans test results on it, but how did she know. I could have sworn I saw her leaving along side him.

Cornered I decided to come clean, digging a bigger hole for myself would only distance me from that man. "I noticed he was strong and wanted to see for myself just how strong he was." I answered matter of factly. "Ah so that's why you followed us all the way from the bar" she said with a smirk. Blushing from embarrassment and surprise I simply nodded.

"Very well...make sure to not do it again" she said sternly. The girl turned around to walk away. "Wait" I said. "I could be of help to you. It seems like neither of you have been in the relictombs before, and you have yet to go through your preliminary accent, I can help you. I have been in the relictombs many times, it would be beneficial for you to bring me along."

In thought the girl was silent. I could practically see the gears in her head turning. "Follow me."

Grey

Sylvie noticed someone following us long before we entered the assessment building. We decided to deal them later on as fighting in public would bring no benefit.

After my test I left the building. Sending a mental signal I ordered Sylv to confront our pursuer.

Shortly after, I noticed Sylvie walking out with a girl that looked around my age. She had straight dark blue hair that glistened in the moonlight. Her scarlet eyes complementing her figure perfectly. Her face was tinted bright pink up to her ears which only made her look more cute. These damn hormones! I immediately thought to myself.

"Hey Sylvie is that our stalker?" I asked, eager for my mind to give up on idle ideas. Yup, she said she could help us in the relictombs so I thought I would bring her over to you.

Thanking Sylvie I noticing the girl starring at me, jaws agape.

**

"So you want to help me on my preliminary accent? Why?" Your different...Grey. And in the relictombs, different is good. Ceara said while sliding her foot on the ground left and right, not making eye contact.

I see, I thought to myself. Having an experienced person on my side would not be a bad thing. On top of that I could sense Ceara was strong. At least Jagrette's level, if not slightly higher.

"Alright" I said thoughtfully, let's go.

Eleanor Leywin

It has only been a few hours seen Arthur has disappeared, but these hours have been the longest hours of my life. First the entire wall has lost consciousness, then we realized that Lance Godspell, my brother, has been kidnapped and after all that my father was killed.

My life once filled with laughter and joy now only contained agony and suffering.

I now sat on the couch holding my sleeping mother in my arms. Both of us were broken beyond repair.

Knock knock

Slowly lifting my mothers head off my chest and putting it on a pillow. I stood up to answer the door.

Who is it? I said as joyfully as I could, although my voice only sounded forced...strained. "Hey Ellie, it's me Tessia."

Unlocking the door I immediately got pulled into an embrace. "I'm sorry Ellie, I'm so so sorry." Hanging her head in shame she continued. "I should have stayed by his side. The pressure he was forced to carry was to much for a 16 year old boy. I should have done something. I'm so so sorry."

Lost for words I simply hugged her back. "It's not your fault Tess, he knew the risk he had to take, he took it for mother for father for you and Grandpa Viron. We have to keep moving forward, if not for us, then for him."

Standing up Tess wiped her tears away. "Sometimes I don't know who is more mature, you or Arthur" she giggled. "Your right, one step at a time we will find a way to win this war."

I felt relived for the first time in a long long time. I wasn't happy, how could I be after today, but I felt better. "Thank you Tessia, for everythi-

Tess stopped me by covering my mouth. Slowly letting go she put a finger to her lips. "Stay quite and be still." She whispered, her face now devoid of emotion.

I heard footsteps approaching, trying to figure out who was there I sensed for their mana. Almost immediately something rotten clogged all my senses, my ears ringing and my eyes throbbing I fell to my knees. The footsteps were getting closer and closer.

I had to do something I thought. But it was too late, the door creaked open and I could see a man easily above 6 feet tall towering over me. "Ah the Leywin Family how nice to finally meet you" the man said enthusiastically. "And the elven princess too, how lucky" a smile growing on his face. "Who...are...you?" Tess chocked out, suffering from the pressure emitting from the man.

"It doesn't matter who I am princess, just know that resisting is futile."

But before I could even try to resist my world faded to black for the second time today.

Grey

Passing the first two floors rather quickly Ceara lead me and Sylvie to the farthest portal on the floor. "Why are we going so far, I saw at least a dozen portals already."

"Well sorrrrry I want to make sure that we will all be safe. Going to the right portal at the right time greatly increases the chances of you and your party being teleported into the same zone."

"I understand, thank you." I replied, trying to stop annoyance from leaking into my voice.

After a lot more walking we finally arrived.

The portal was much more grand then the teleport portal in the dungeon. It had more complex symbols on it and glowed a more violent shade of purple.

Ceara handed us our food, water and blankets. "Are you ready for your first ascent Grey?" Returning her a confident smile we prepared ourselves. Giving a glance to Sylvie she nodded her head. Let's do this I thought.

Stepping through the amethyst glow a bright light blinded me. My eyes slowly adjusting I saw that we arrived in a large black room, with only floating purple runes filling up the space.

"Well isn't this something, huh Sylv."

...

Sylv? Looking around I noticed that she was no where in sight.

AN: Holllly! Thank you all so much for the support on my ff. I didn't think it would reach this many people! Thank you for all the wonderful comments and ideas, and feel free to leave even more as the story continues.

With that said what did you think of this chapter? It was on the longer end with a lot of POV shifts but I'm pretty happy with it. Next chapter will be a fun one so sit tight ;)