Epilogue

After the celebrations Lady Rachel ruled as the Queen of elves and Mr Pearson, who was the elf king before her, acted as her trusted advisor. Damian, Mr Pearson and Mrs Pearson came to live in alongside Lady Rachel into land of the elves. At first Mrs Pearson found it odd to blend in with the crowd but she soon felt at home. In fact, she never felt like leaving. "This place is so peaceful, and I feel so happy," she said, one day after a walk in the woods with Damian. Damian had been asked to collect some herbs by the Master of Mystiques, Mistlemore. Out of all the things he studied, studying herbs was his least favourite. It reminded him of all the gardening his had to do back at home.

While walking in the woods, Damian remembered about the Diamond that father had given his mom. Damian's dad was walking right beside him. It was dark and he had a ring with something glowing that shot a strong beam, which reminded Damian of electric torches they had back at home. It was a moonless night with plenty of stars strewn across the sky like tiny pearls.

"It would have been great if there was some moonlight," said Damian looking up at the sky. He remembered camping out as a scout at school after his dad had gone missing.

"Oh dear, I almost forgot," said Mr Pearson as he stretched his hand high up into the air. The shiny thing on his ring floated off it and ascended into the sky. It floated high above into the clouds. At Damian could barely see it, but suddenly there was a flash and there was the light in the sky. Up above in the sky the moon was shining.

"Was that the moon?" asked Damian unable to believe his eyes. He looked back at his father's hand and the ring didn't have the shiny thing it had on it before.

"Yes, it was, my mind was elsewhere, and I forgot to send it up into the sky. I am the Moon keeper. Thank you for reminding me, Damian. I was thinking about the Sen-Tree seeds."

"Sen-Tree seeds? What are Sen-Trees?" asked Damian as they came to a stream. The waters were gushing and rushing all aglow in the moonlight. Damian's dad took out a white feather from his pocket and cast it onto the stream and the stream froze solid.

Damian's dad stepped onto the frozen stream and held out his hand, "Come on, let's cross this stream."

They crossed the stream and walked amongst the trees. There were big bushes scattered everywhere. Damian thought that he heard some leaves rustling. He looked behind and saw a big bush by a tree. As they moved a few steps ahead, he heard the rustling once again.

When he looked behind, he noticed that the bust was just a few feet behind them.

"Dad, do bushes move?" asked Damian, looking behind him.

"Yes. There are Bush Brats disguised as bushes sometimes. They are harmless. But you need to be careful if you are carrying any valuables with you. They are like tiny magical pickpockets. If you aren't careful, they will snatch your valuables and run off with them.

"I don't have anything valuable with me," said Damian checking his pockets to make sure.

"That's good," said Mr Pearson as they strolled further and further into the woods. "We have to be really careful now, we are entering an extremely dangerous part of the woods. I was worried about bringing you here too but I thought it would be good for you."

"Why is it a scary place? What is so scary about it? It seems different from the rest of the woods but I'm not sure what's different about it either. Is it a bit less darker than the rest of the woods?"

"You didn't quite give the right word but true this part of the wood is darker than the rest. It has more shadows."

"What do you mean more shadows? Are there shadows that aren't supposed to be there?" asked Damian looking around and seeing what looked like a shadow of a tiny man moving across the floor. He stifled a scream. "Did you see that?" he asked as he looked around to see if the thing he had seen was still there. But try as he did to spot the thing, the shadow, that had darted away, Damian couldn't find it anymore.