Clichés

"Seriously, does this blindfold have to be on," Leigh-Anne shouted as a group of laughing women pulled her out of the limousine. Their laughing only intensified as Leigh-Anne stumbled because no one had warned her about the curb right in front of her.

"You lot are terrible friends," Leigh-Anne grumbled as she regained her footing and took a hesitant step forward, which proved to be extremely difficult due to the blindfold securely wrapped around her head.

"Hey," someone said as they emerged from the car after Leigh-Anne, "not all of us are terrible."

Even though Leigh-Anne had a blindfold on and couldn't see who had just spoken, she could recognize the voice of her best friend anywhere.

"Exactly Perrie, and that's why I chose you as my maid of honor over all of these idiots," Leigh-Anne said as the rest of the group shouted in mock hurt.

Once Perrie had clamored out of the car, she stood up straight, smoothed out her flowing white top, and tousled her lightly curled blonde hair to give it some extra volume. Everyone else was dressed in similar attire as well, but Leigh-Anne shined the brightest and looked the best considering that this was her bachelorette party.

"I mean, I had thought I had the spot taken ever since we became best friends when we were eleven," Perrie said jokingly, taking one of her arms and linking it with Leigh-Anne's so that she could guide her friend to their final destination of the night before they went back to the hotel.

"You did," Leigh-Anne said while taking hesitant steps forward, "but I'm really reconsidering it all since this blindfold thing was your idea."

"Come on, I'm allowed one cliché tonight, aren't I," Perrie questioned teasingly.

About eight months ago, Leigh-Anne had shown up at Perrie's apartment squealing her head off as she brandished her left hand frantically, babbling on and on about how after eight years, her girlfriend Jesy had finally popped the question.

Once Leigh-Anne's incessant giggling and crying had ended, she had gotten very serious and told Perrie that she was expecting the world's greatest bachelorette party, and also that she wanted Perrie to spare her the trouble of dealing with any of the clichés that people normally associate with the final night of freedom.

Perrie had done just that up until this point. Firstly, she had taken Leigh-Anne and all of her bridesmaids to an animal shelter since she knew animals were the girl's number two weakness after her fiancé. After that, the girls had grabbed an early dinner at a restaurant Leigh-Anne and Perrie had been going to ever since they were thirteen, which served one of those big brownie volcanoes for dessert (chocolate was Leigh-Anne's number three weakness). Then, Perrie had managed to score amazing courtside tickets to a game of Leigh-Anne's favorite basketball team, and all of the girls had pretended to be celebrities as they watched the game, took selfies, and threw popcorn at each other.

Immediately following the game, the blindfold had been wrapped around Leigh-Anne's head as all of the girls giggled and pulled her into an awaiting limousine, proving to be quite a difficult task seeing as Leigh-Anne was being everything but compliant. If the woman wasn't grasping onto her friends and pressing them for answers on their last destination, she was dramatically screaming about how the blindfold was messing up her trademark afro.

As much as Leigh-Anne was praying right now that Perrie wasn't taking her where her suspicions led her to believe, she couldn't ignore the thrumming of a bass not too far in the distance. That combined with the excited squeals of her friends and Perrie squeezing her hand periodically led her to believe that Perrie seriously couldn't have gotten any more cliché.

As the group of women began to slow down, Leigh-Anne registered the typical electronic music infused with sultry beats, ripped her hand from Perrie's, and brought her hands up to claw at the blindfold.