All Eyes On You

I flopped back down into my seat at the table. The other judges and I had just gotten back from a twenty minute break from the auditions. I was sat furthest to the left, and three other judges were sat on the right side of me. This was my first year judging the X Factor, and I had no idea that the auditions process would be this tiring and lengthy. Time seemed to be going by incredibly slow so far today, and by now all of us judges were getting antsy.

I had agreed to judge because I didn't have a lot going on at the moment. My career wasn't necessarily at a standstill, but I definitely had some free time. I hadn't started writing anything for my new album, and I had just finished my tour for my second album a couple of weeks ago. When Simon had called me up and asked me to judge, I had agreed instantly.

The initial reaction to the announcement of me being a judge on the X Factor was slightly negative. A lot of people claimed that I didn't have enough experience to coach the acts and provide legitimate advice. It was true that I was relatively young for an X Factor judge. I had been discovered when I was only sixteen. Just because I had started off at a young age didn't mean that I was inexperienced though. Over the past five years, I have released two albums which have both hit number one, and I have had really successful tours for each of those albums. I think it's safe to say that I know a thing or two about singing and the music industry by this point.

I actually thought I was an asset for the show. I'm break-out singer Perrie Edwards with the wonderful voice. A lot of my fans are teenagers or around my age. I bring the younger demographic. I know a lot of my fans will be watching the show to see and support me. A lot of people also told me that I was great in the looks department. Simon had even told me that he hoped I could pull an even bigger male audience to watch the show.

Auditions were about to resume after our short break, and I glanced down the table at the other judges. Simon was farthest from me, and he was scribbling something down on a piece of paper. Next to him was a previous contestant on the show, Louis Tomlinson. Louis had been runner up about four years ago, and the public really adored him. He was funny and sassy, and teenage girls constantly swooned over him. Sitting next to me was Louis Walsh, a veteran judge who was very kind. I liked having him on the panel because he always bickered with Simon, something Tomlinson and I were too afraid to do.

The next hopeful slowly walked onto the stage, and the audition process started up again. I sighed, sat up in my seat, and listened attentively to what they had to say and sing. The process continued for some time, and it soon required more and more effort to focus attentively.

My hands were rubbing my eyes, trying to give myself some energy, so I wasn't looking up at the next person to walk onto the stage.

"Hi darling, what's your name?" Tomlinson had been the one to ask the question, and I could tell just by his tone of voice that he fancied the girl. His tone just sounded a little too friendly to be something of normal conversation.

Oh great, I had thought to myself, Another typical teenage girl with a typical teenage song. I can't wait.

My head snapped up just from the sound of the girl's voice.

"I'm Jade, Jade Thirlwall." She had let out a nervous giggle at the end, and it was absolutely adorable. She had a Geordie accent just like mine, but hers was thicker than mine. Her voice was just absolutely adorable and it was music to my ears. I just hoped so much that she could sing well enough. I wanted to see more of this girl, that was for sure.

I found her extremely cute. The way she shyly stood up on stage clutching the microphone with slightly shaking hands was adorable. Her outfit was cute as well. She wore a short skirt with some knee high socks and she had a plaid crop top on. Her caramel colored hair was in loose curls, and she had very pleasant looking brown eyes.