Reversal

A quick author's note: This oneshot is actually a continuation of the previous oneshot in this compilation, Clichés. You do not have to read the previous oneshot to completely understand what happens in this story fully, but it is recommended that you do so. I hope you enjoy what this oneshot has to offer!

----

"I'm curious to see what you're going to do when I get married and you no longer have a somewhat decent excuse," Leigh-Anne mentions with a somewhat disapproving tone, her gaze almost resembling one of harsh judgement as she watches the way Perrie seems to be avoiding her eyes after hearing her comment.

"I don't know what you're talking about," Perrie denies, attempting her best to sound oblivious as she hastily picks up the nearest wedding decoration catalogue and begins to thumb through it as casually as possible.

"No," Leigh-Anne asserts forcefully, stomping over to her best friend and tearing the catalogue out of her grip so that her maid of honor is forced to meet her assertive gaze, "You're not pulling this shit. We're talking about this now."

"What? Are you starting to get cold feet?" Perrie asks, causing Leigh-Anne to roll her eyes in annoyance at another attempt to dodge the real issue that she's trying to address.

"I'm not the one that's unsure about my partner, and we both know that," Leigh-Anne counters, her facial features morphing into an intimidating glare as she looms over Perrie, who looks up at her best friend anxiously from her seated position.

"I'm not sure I follow," Perrie offers meekly, her resolve gradually starting to crumble as Leigh-Anne's sturdy gaze continues to bore into her own guilt-ridden blue eyes.

"You've been avoiding Zayn at all costs the past two days," Leigh-Anne asserts, perceptively noticing the way Perrie's shoulders tense after the statement leaves her lips, "You keep busying yourself with 'maid of honor duties' so that you have a reason to stay here with me and not go home to him."

"Or maybe I just want my best friend's wedding to be perfect and run smoothly," Perrie deflects, shrugging her shoulders while trying to ignore the way her stomach tenses after registering the truth to Leigh-Anne's words.

"I know that it's not my business to tell you how to handle your relationship," Leigh-Anne begins tentatively, the dark-skinned girl slowly lowering herself to join Perrie on the couch, "but you can't avoid him forever, Perrie. I'm not saying that you have to immediately tell him that you cheated on him, or that you ever even have to reveal that you did, but you're going about it the wrong way by avoiding him. I know you're probably scared that you'll subconsciously act guilty around him, but if you really do cherish your relationship with him like you've said so in the past, you can't keep rejecting his attempts to reach out to you. All he's done the past two days is call you to check up on you and remind you how much he loves you, and you've been so cold and uninterested towards him. You're probably making him feel really insecure and if you keep up this act, you're going to slowly start breaking his heart."

"He's just so supportive and committed to me," Perrie chokes out, dropping her oblivious guise and finally opening up to her persistent best friend as she buries her head in her hands, "He doesn't deserve this."

"Perrie, it's no secret that he absolutely loves you to pieces," Leigh-Anne asserts firmly, placing a comforting hand on the blonde's shoulder while she speaks, "I think that if you're honest with him and you prove that you're willing to fight to gain his trust back, he'll be open to working with you through this so that you two can salvage your relationship. It wasn't like you planned to cheat on him or that you're constantly unfaithful to him. Nobody's perfect, Pez."