Everything

Jade was strolling down some random path at some random park she had ended up at a couple of minutes ago. She didn’t even really care about the fact that she might be lost right now. Anywhere was better than home.

Home was empty most of the time now. Her girlfriend Perrie always seemed to be out doing something. That’s all Jade really knew, that Perrie was doing something. Perrie wouldn’t tell her anything, and that just created a whole bunch of negative emotions for Jade.

Jade hated it because she felt like she told Perrie everything. She came home from work or wherever she had been and the first thing she would do was tell Perrie everything she had missed since they had parted. Perrie knew every one of her secrets and dreams, and pretty much everything else, no matter how pointless or random it seemed.

Jade just felt like lately she was putting so much into her relationship, and she was getting not even half of that back. Every day she would finish filling Perrie in on how her day was. Then, she would ask Perrie how her day was, and her girlfriend would simply grunt, “Fine I guess,” and then go to the kitchen to get something to eat.

What just sucked about the whole situation for Jade was that it felt like the spark had finally died for Perrie. Perrie always went straight to bed now. She didn’t even bother to cuddle with Jade for a few minutes every night. To fix that, Jade would always roll over and sling an arm around Perrie’s waist. Perrie never leant back into Jade’s touch anymore. She just laid there and drifted off to sleep.

Perrie rarely laughed at anything Jade said anymore, but then Jade would find her in the living room watching the telly whilst laughing her ass off. Jade would prepare a home cooked meal for Perrie, who would only call it ‘alright’ but then rave about some dumpy Chinese food place down the street for hours. Jade was starting to get fed up. She didn’t know how much more she could take.

Jade didn’t want to give up on Perrie though, because she was so madly in love with her still. For Jade, the spark had only intensified to a raging inferno with Perrie. Even though Perrie’s kisses nowadays were quick and chaste, they still made Jade’s whole body tingle. Jade still found herself mesmerized by Perrie’s every action.

The reason Jade was on this walk was also to clear and organize her thoughts. Plus, just like always, Perrie was off doing something and Jade felt all alone in the empty house. She was tired of being lonely. She wanted someone who would love her back just as much as she loved them. She wanted to come home to loving embraces and home cooked meals.

Instead, she came home to an empty house that didn’t even really feel like home. She came home to emptiness and silence most of the time. If Perrie was home, it still felt like she wasn’t. Jade was in love with someone who was probably done with her, and that hurt a whole lot.

Jade was debating what would hurt more: leaving Perrie now, or staying with Perrie and enduring the current situation. Jade was trying to stay optimistic in the hopes that maybe Perrie was just in a funk and soon she would pull out of it and still be so madly in love with Jade.

Jade had started to believe that this was more wishful thinking than optimism at this point. Perrie had been distant for a while now, and if things hadn’t healed themselves by now, they probably weren’t going to heal themselves at all.

Sometimes when Jade was alone with her thoughts and negative emotions, little demons would come out from the depths of her mind and tell her that Perrie was probably out all the time because she was cheating on Jade. Those thoughts hurt, and what hurt even more was that Jade was starting to believe them a lot.

As Jade milled about the park, she realized what she had to do. She had to end things with Perrie.

It upset Jade that Perrie could act so distant for so long but didn’t have the balls to just end things. Jade could tell Perrie was unhappy, and it bothered her that her girlfriend had never mentioned that once. It made Jade feel like she wasn’t even worth Perrie’s troubles.