Chapter two

~~~~~~Fast forward to the next morning.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up with the sun streaming in from my window. I sit up, stretch and then walk down stairs to the kitchen to see both my parents. Dad sitting down reading the paper while drinking his coffee and mom standing by the stove cooking breakfast. Mom walked up to me and gave me a big hug whispering "happy birthday." In my ear, I walk over to dad who stands up and gives me hug. Again wishing to me a happy birthday. "Ok now tell me everything!" I say a little to enthusiastically, dad sighs and rubs his temples. "Ok sweetie." Dad says and I take a seat across from him while mom slides me a plate with chocolate chip pancakes. I dig into my pancakes as dad starts talking. "Ok well, I guess I'll start from the very beginning. I was born into a huge werewolf family, well one night when I was about 18 my whole pack was murdered. It had to be the most gruesome thing I've ever seen," dad shakes his head in order to clear his head. "Anyways after that I moved from my home town in California in order to find a new pack, but after I met your mother I gave up my search for a new pack. After about a year of dating we got married, and a few months later we found out we were going to be parents. I prayed all this time that you wouldn't inherit the wolf genes from me, looks like that didn't happen." He says with a laugh, I laugh too while I get up to put my empty plate in the sink.

Before I sit down I try to think of every question I want to ask because I have a ton of questions! Once I sit down I look dad straight in the eye, take a deep breath, and start asking. "Ok, when the full moon comes out do I have to change? Or can I change whenever I want?" I stare at my hands for awhile until he answers, "no you can change whenever you want! Once you get the shift down, that is." I quirk an eyebrow but push that question to the back of my head until later. "Ok, now what was up with that shooting pain I had all through my body last night?" Dad answers quicker than last time, "yea that, those were your bones hardening so you can go through the shift. If your bones didn't harden and you went to shift you would break every single bone in your body." I cringe once dad says that, it's sends shivers down my spine just thinking about it.

"Sorry you have to hear this, that's why I didn't want you to be like this." Dad says very disappointed, I shake my head, "no dad don't be sorry, this is really cool!" Dad chuckles at me, before I continue with my next question."What did you mean when you said 'once I get the shift down'?" He sighs, "the first shift is the most painful, it's the most painful because your body isn't used to your bones moving around. Once your done with the first shift that's when all the heightened senses start coming in. I wouldn't shift just yet, I know how short tempered you are and those bullies at school. I know they will make you mad. If your emotions are heightened it will make you want to rip their heads off."

Dad says, I laugh nervously. 'This is a lot to take in.' I say in my head. "If you want to take a break we can, if it's too much right now." Dad says as if reading my mind, I nod and walk up to my room to get dressed for today. After about ten minutes of debating on what shirt to wear I decide on blue and grey longish sleeve shirt. I like it because it's a little low cut but I know dad won't like it because of it being low cut. He also won't like that I'm wearing very tight booty shorts. But oh well I'm eighteen and can my my own clothing decisions. I walk downstairs, mom is busy cleaning the stove and dad is in the living room watching the weather. I grab my car keys from the key tree, walking to the kitchen and give mom a hug, then walk into the living and tell dad in heading to the mall with Kalab.

I'm glad they didn't notice what I was wearing, other wise I would've had to change and I would've been late heading to the mall. I drive for about twenty minutes until I get to the mall. I texted Kalab once I was parked, she texted back telling me she was in the food court with her cousin Jessie. I walk into the mall heading straight for the food court. Once I see the familiar blonde and brunette I run over to Jessie and throw my arms around his neck. He hugs me back then I walk over to Kalab and give her a hug. "Long time no see!" I say, she nods. We talk about our summers for about a half an hour. We deiced to head back to Kalab's house for a little. They didn't live that far from the mall so it was about a five minute drive. Once I pulled into the drive way I saw Adam playing football with a few of his cousins. I got out and followed Kalab and Jessie in the house. "I'm heading out to play football with the guys! See ya later!" Jessie calls from the bottom of the steps.

"Ok! But I better not hear you broke somebody's arm!" Kalab screams back. I laugh a little, we walk into Jessie's room and start watching movies. Why did we go into Jessie's room? Because he's got a flatscreen tv! Perfect for watching movies! I think this is the best birthday I've ever had. Simple, just hanging out with my friends, just the way I like it.

Adam's P.O.V.

I was playing football with the rest of the pack when I smelled something amazing. I looked to see Sophia pulling into my drive way. My mate was in my house, her scent will be everywhere and it will drive me crazy. I heard that Jessie was coming out to play football, so I thought it would be the perfect time to head in and talk to Sophia. "Hey Adam, you might wanna check your eyes. They aren't their normal brown." Liam, my second in command, says to me. I nod and walk into the house and head straight for the bathroom. I look in the mirror, and see that my eyes are deep royal blue. I try to calm down, but with Sophia's smell around the house that's nearly impossible.

I start to freak out when I hear Sophia coming towards the bathroom. I force myself to clam down, and right before she knocks on the door I open it. She looked up at me and it felt like the world stopped spinning. I looked into her eyes, they were a stunning sea foam green. But they slowly started turning a dark purple, she gasped probably seeing my eyes go back to the royal blue. I felt like I was being pulled towards Sophia, she was moving towards me. The gap between us was slowly closing, until our lips met in sweet, passion filled kiss. This moment was perfect, we kissed for a few more minutes. But our moment ended when Kalab cleared her throat. I growl at Kalab, Sophia seems shocked but I could careless. I was enjoying my first kiss with my mate.

Yay I updated!! I feel accomplished!
Anyways! I'm happy summer vacations here so I'll be updating more! Yay!
Vote!
Comment!
I thought the song "Better Dig 2" by the Band Perry was awesome so I thought I would put it at the beginning of the chapter so yea!