Chapter 7 [I Was Here First]

Ei

"Y/N, we've talked about this already."

You

"... Alright."

You kept eating while gazing down at your meal.

Ei

"Well..."

You shot your head up, looking at Ei. 

She stood up, walked to her bedroom, and returned with something.

Ei

"If anything happens, you shoot this up into the sky. I'll come right for you."

You saw that she had just handed you a flare.

You

"Wait- So I can?..."

Ei

"Of course. I've locked you up in Inazuma city, you deserve to go out there. Just be careful, and promise me you'll make use of the flare."

You

"Yeah... I promise I'll use the flare if anything happens."

Ei

"Be careful. The last thing I'd want is seeing a single scratch on you."

You

*Chuckle* "Yeah, I know... I'll go out tomorrow. And I'll be very sure to bring this with me."

As usual, you slept very little, and you left early in the morning. You left a written note for Ei at the dining table to make sure she didn't freak out. The finest sensation ever was taking a breath of fresh air that wasn't from Inazuma City.

.

.

.

Bang!

.

.

.

???

"What a shame."

You

"..."

???

"And all those rumours told me you were so much better than this... I was expecting more."

You were lying on the grass after being struck in the head by a heavy object when blood began to pour from your head, staining the colour of the grass.

???

"Oh shit... Why'd I do that?"

You

"..."

???

"If I'm going to be completely honest, I don't know what the hell I'm supposed to do. I just hit you in the head because I thought it would satisfy me, but you didn't really put up a fight. Disappointing."

You

*Pant*

???

"I don't get it... I was here first."

You

"... Wha... What?"

They crouched to your level and stared directly into your face as you lay on the ground.