Chapter 10 [Deja Vu]

.

.

.

Kazuha

"We need to leave, now! Come on-"

You

"Wha..."

Kazuha pulled out his sword and cut the rope holding you captive for the past week as you were still dazed and tired. Now that your hands were free, you could do whatever you pleased. But a part of you forced you to restrain yourself. 

Your hand was quickly taken by Kazuha, who then dragged you out of the tent. Gorou was sprinting in front of you, alongside Kokomi and Beidou. It felt far too familiar, and you sensed that something was wrong. Deja vu.

You loathed this experience terribly. Despite your best efforts, it seemed as though your entire world was crumbling. It appeared to be a combination of Watatsumi Island and Inazuma City when you turned to look around.

You

"Am I home?..."

Kazuha

"Huh? What are you saying?"

You

"Home... What- What's going on?"

Kazuha

"... It's best that you don't know."

You

"Hey- You dragged me out of bed for this, I deserve to know."

Kazuha

"I'll tell you when we get to our destination, okay? But for now, we have to run."

You

"This all feels way too familiar... You said something like that a year ago, and things didn't turn out well. Does that mean that things won't turn out well this time?"

Kazuha

"Don't say that! Things are going to go well, I'll make sure of it!"

A huge tree limb that was falling from the tree obstructed the path you were travelling. Its edge appeared to be burned, yet purple markings were left behind rather than red ones.

Kazuha

"Crap... She's here..."

You followed him by turning to look behind him, but he covered your eyes and told you to maintain your attention. He hopped over the fallen tree limb while still holding your hand and carried you with him.

You

"What? Who's here?"

Kazuha

"That- That isn't important right now!"

Kazuha

*Pant* "I think... We lost her."

You

"Okay- Enough, Kazuha. Just tell me what's going on."

Kazuha

"She's found out we have you."

You

"Who-"

Kazuha

"The Raiden Shogun, Y/N! She's here!"

You