Chapter 12 [Lay By Your Side]

On the way there, you kept adjusting Kazuha since he was practically slipping off your back. You hoped you hadn't struck him so hard in the head just now so he would wake up right away. Beidou took you to some sort of structure that appeared to be in the middle of nowhere, surrounded only by plants, grass, and a few trees.

You

"Oh great... You said this is an inn, right?"

Beidou

"That's right..."

They turned around as they started to move in the direction of the inn. All they could make out was you, worn out, sitting on a rock, Kazuha's body lying on the grass.

Gorou

"N/N, you're not coming?"

He teased, knowing how exhausted you were.

You

"Gorou, don't do this to me... I'll catch up in a bit, just let me catch my breath. I'm gonna have to carry him up the stairs too."

You complained as you tumbled off the little rock and collapsed next to Kazuha on the grass.

That someone could look that charming when they were sleeping is something you never imagined.

He was lying on his back, staring at you with his right head turned to the right. You were lying on your side and were absolutely fixated on his face. 

He slowly opened his eyes, blinking a couple of times quickly.

You

"Finally, you're awake."

Kazuha

"..."

He sat up and looked around without saying anything.

Kazuha

"Are we in Liyue?"

He spoke, with a scratchy voice.

You

"I had to-"

Kazuha groaned loudly.

...

😏

IM SORRY I HAD TO

Kazuha gasped loudly and leaned slightly backward while placing one hand on his head.

You

"Oh shit... I forgot about that."

One look at his face gave you the impression that he was going to break down in tears. Thankfully, he didn't. After witnessing the way he reacted, you felt so awful for bashing his head so hard on the cell bars.

You

"Come here..."

Your legs were shaking when you stood up from the grass where you had been lying, and you picked him back up. You sighed and kept moving forward.

Kazuha

"What happened..."

You

"Shh... You shouldn't speak. That might have an effect on your terrible headache."

Kazuha

"..."

You

"Well, I'm partially responsible for your headache. My bad."