* Part 5 *

It was surprisingly quiet in the Grab'n'go, with the frequent 'ding' of the pinball machine and occasional 'FUCK' or 'SHIT' or even, 'bang' coming from Vance kicking something in anger, which usually resulted in a shout coming from Y/n, telling him to calm down or Pinball will be unplugged.

Within three hours of the oddly low amount of customers entering, almost none, Y/n got bored, and Vance was running low on quarters.

*Vance POV*

I was focused, extremely focused, I was so close to beating my high score.

I would sometimes glance up to see my points, which would flicker like crazy, it was fucking pissing me off because I couldn't properly see how many points I actually had, but I knew I was close to it, around 200 points off, but then I accidentally missed my finger on the button and messed it up.

"For FUCKS SAKE!" I bellowed, kicking the freezer right next to the machine. Suddenly I felt an arm swing around my shoulder, I was about to slap the hand away until I turned to my left and see Y/n with a wide smile, I stare at her for a second, "What...?" I ask her confused, why was she was looking at me like that, "Why are you looking at me like that?"

It sort of made my heart ache.

Wait, hold on, why am I thinking that way? What made me think that anyway? Jesus, that kid Gregory must've punched my head really hard...

"What? I can't smile at you now?" She asks, grinning even more now, "No, just people usually don't around me." I whisper looking slightly down at the pinball machine, "I'm out of quarters," I turn my head to look at her, "You got any extra?" I ask, trying to sound as nice as I possibly could be able to. "Hmm... I do, but I'm really bored," She takes her arm off of me and weakly punches my arm, "Let's go do something instead of just sitting here!" She exclaims, "I thought you were working dumbass?" I slightly chuckle, "I am, but I won't be very soon," she points to the clock, she then looks at me again, "Which means we have to turn that game off," She huffed, whilst tilting her head slightly, "Whatever." I turn around and lean on the machine while she unplugs it.

I stare at her while she closes up her shift, she puts the magazine back into the corner where she got it from and replaces the very few items that were bought, I hear the door ring and we both turn to look at it almost automatically, it's some guy with another dude who's is holding a toolbox or something.

* Y/n POV *

I turn to see Daniel and the Technician entering the store, as soon as I see them, I snatch my vest off and throw it onto the hanger and walk around the counter, I walk straight to Daniel,

"Hey Dan, thanks for saving me from absolute boredom," I groan jokingly and he pats me on my back whilst laughing, "No problem N/n" He declares, as I begin to walk out of the store, I look back about to tell Vance to follow me, then I see him glaring at Dan, and Dan begins talking to him, "Oh, you must be that kid, Vance, I've heard a lot about you." He sternly states, Vance pushes past him hitting Dan's shoulder and silently cursing out, " Whatever Dipshit."

We leave the store and I turn to him about to start my sentence, but then she says something first, cutting me off, "N/n, huh, interesting nickname, N/n." He says, trying to sound calm, but I could hear the slight anger in his voice, "Oh yeah! Dan was the first person who was nice to me when I started working there," I awkwardly laugh.

We walk to a nearby bench by the local park and I sit down, I look up to Vance, patting the seat next to me, he sits down and pulls a pack of cigarettes out of his pocket from his denim vest and a lighter, he takes a cigarette and places it on his lips, lights it and breathes in, "Ew, get that away from me!" You laugh, "What? You never smoked before?" He chuckles while he blows the smoke out.

You never noticed it, but, he is fucking gorgeous, everything about him, not just his eyes or hair or whatever, but everything, his lips, hands, neck, just simply everything.

"Hey, are you ok?"

"Huh?" You spurt out, "You were just staring at me, why?" He questions, "Just thinking about something..." You silently state, "I've just been so all over the place lately," You look up at him and smile, "You want some?" He asks, extending his arm out to offer you the cigarette, "Why not?" You grab it and put it up to your lips and breathe in,

COUGH, COUGH, COUGH,

"You alright?" He laughs while hitting your back, "Yeah- I didn't think it would be so strong-" You cough out while laughing, "It wasn't too bad," You smile looking up to the sky, holding your hands together,

"Why were you at the principals' office a while back?" He abruptly asks, you look back down at him again, "This girl was being a cunt to my friend, Finney, I stood up to her, Finney has this thing, he can't stand up for himself. Maybe he is just too scared, but he will be able to one day, I believe in him." He looks into your eyes, You start to melt into the ocean that is his eyes, "We started to fight, of course, I won" You laugh and he lets out a chuckle, "I think we should get going, don't want you getting in trouble with you mom," He leans forward to stand up and places his lighter back into his pocket and brings out his hand out reaching toward you, you accept it and grab onto his hand and he grips it and pulls you up, and for a second, you hold hands for a second until you both pull away. You awkwardly chuckle and look at him and exclaim, "Let's go!"

We start heading to my house and we make small talk whilst walking, I think it was safe to say, that me and Vance were friends again... Just like the start of middle school.

We reach my house and I turn 180 degrees to look right at him,

"Well, see you later Vance," You smile, and he slightly grins at you, you turn to walk to your door. "Wait!-" You turn your head to face him, "What's your home phone number?" He smiles, you chuckle and grab a pen out of your pocket and walk toward him and grab his forearm and write your house number on it, "There you go," You look up at him, "I'll call, bye 'N/n' " He laughs loudly, you smirk and begin to walk to your door and shout out, " Bye Vance!" You open your door and slam it, you flip your shoes off and walk to the sofa, to see your mother sleeping peacefully, you smile slightly and go up to your room and change into different clothes and brush your teeth and sit down on the sofa laying on your mom, and close your eyes whilst a movie plays quietly in the background, something you haven't done in a very long time.

I hope you guys liked this chapter, it was a bit rushed but I really wanted to write this chapter as fast as I could, sorry if there are any grammar mistakes! I might not be able to write any chapters tomorrow, sorry! :(