Chapter 1: Odd Job Equals Meeting Her

Author's Note: So alright hear me out. I was editing the first version of Her Jinx and didn't like it really. And my sort little brother's real life little  sister and baby brother also became my sorta little siblings and have their own characters so I just had to conclude them which is why the first one went into editing. Then I realized I'd have to retype the whole thing to conclude them. So I decided to rewrite this which is a collaborative by the way with my eldest sorta little brother, BreezeandPuppyGalaxy. Please follow him and give his art and writing a vote. He has come a long way since I met him and I cannot wait to watch him grow into the amazing young man I know he'll become. 

Nova packed her bags, getting ready for work. The younger Galaxys ran up to her.

"Hey, kiddos." Nova greeted, smiling at them fondly.

"Do you have to go?" Puppy asked.

"Yes I do. Or else Silco will send Sevika and the last thing I want is for him to know where we live." Nova told him.

"So if they know where we live I think they would be here a lot." Breeze said and Gem finished.

"They don't and I'm going to keep it that way." Nova said, sternly.

"You'll be back soon right? And you won't die." Puppy was more concerned about her being back and not dying more than not letting her leave. Nova smiled at him.

"Yes and yes. I'm the toughest thing in Zaun. Ya never have to worry about me dying. I promise." Nova told him. He nodded, laying off a little bit. Gem however didn't believe it.

"Just STAY!" She yelled.

"Gem. You know Silco runs everything down here." Nova sighed.

"Yeah. So?" Gem sassed.

"Don't get sassy with me, young lady." Nova said. She crossed her arms and sat down in front of the door.

"Ya know I can move ya, right?" Nova chuckled amused, easily picking her up and relocating her to the beat up, worn-down couch. She exaggerated and flailed around on the couch.

'Drama queen.' Nova thought to herself, heaving her bag to her shoulder. She picked up Spunky and gave him a hug and kiss.

"Take care of them, Breeze. Zero will be here until I get back." Nova hummed, walking out the tattered down to their dark apartment. She greeted Zero as they walked over.

"Morning, boss!" they hollered.

"Zero." Nova greeted before walking off towards the Last Drop.

"Hey, guys!" Zero greeted the younger Galaxys with a wide smile.

"What's up, Zero!?" Breeze came over and hugged Zero. "Gem is mad, I wouldn't go over there." He pointed to the blob of wolf on the couch. Puppy came over with Spunky and he whispered "3, 2, 1." Both clinged on Zero's legs.

"Come on, boys. Boss will be back." Zero soothed.

Nova walked up to the Last Drop. Sevika stared at the 6'7 woman with cold dark eyes, making sure not to let Nova know that she intimidated Silco's right hand.

"Galaxy." Sevika greeted.

"Sevika." Nova shot back. They walked in and past the bar up to Silco's office.

"Greetings, Nova." Silco hummed.

"Novastar to ya. Only those close can call me Nova." Nova growled.

"Are we not close? Shameful. Really is. Anyways. We have a shipment going out." he muttered. Nova took off before he could give the job description. He and Sevika shared a look.