Chapter 3: An Unstoppable Pair

A/N: Just pure Nova and Jinx fluff in this chapter. Sorry it took so long to get out. School's been hectic.

Updated A/N (2024): So a lot has happened. I'm not sure if I'll continue this or just leave it. If yall have noticed, Breeze's gender and pronouns changed. But due to family situation with him being trans, I haven't been able to communicate with him in some time besides here and there. So if I do continue this, it'll just be me typing it alone instead of us typing it together. So it's not going to have that roleplay feeling anymore and that does make me sad. But anygays, I hope yall had an incredible 2023 and let's see what 2024 brings us.

Nova felt horrible for leaving her siblings alone for the amount of time she would have to leave them alone. But whatever was wrong with Breeze, she needed to do something. It was actually a great idea to get all of them checked, even herself. She and Jinx walked in silence, which Nova thought would be impossible for the loose canon.

"Ya look sad." Jinx stated.

"Yeah. Breeze needs help." Nova told her. "He says he's been having chills. I don't know what to do." Nova hugged herself. Jinx bumped her gently with her shoulder.

"I could steal a few coins from Silco. He'd never know." she told the taller woman.

"No. I don't need to be on his bad list." Nova told her.

"Sheesh. Alright. Twas trying to help. N'thing more." Jinx said quickly.

"And I appreciate that, Jinx." Nova told her.

"Enough depressing stuff, tell me about ya!" Jinx insisted.

"Well ya already know I'm a big sis. I suppose ya can ask anything." Nova said softly.

"Ya got a star-shaped scar on ya face. What's that about?" Jinx asked, reaching up to ghost her brightly colored fingers across the mark.

"So as an Arch Dragon, we are born with stars on our face. Father had one but his twin flame died so it faded away. I tore mine out because my twin flame left me. It wouldn't stop glowing. I got fed up and just ripped it off my face. Ergo it's scarred, but it doesn't glow anymore so I'm happy with that. She wasn't worth the chase and the pain that followed." Nova said, her tone harsh at the end.

"Ya just ripped it off? Didn't it hurt?" Jinx asked softly, her powder-blue eyes laced with concern.

"It did, but it was worth it because now I'm not tied down to what it wants." Nova admitted. Jinx stared at her with wide eyes filled with amazement before thinking about her next question.

"Ya were pretty big the other day when ya shifted and killed 'em Enforcers. How come? I mean, I saw giant wings and huge horns! But ya have a lot of scars." Jinx noted quietly, something impossible for her but she was determined to protect the Shifter's identity.

"I told ya what had happened. The gang?" Nova reminded softly.

"Oh yeah." Jinx muttered. Nova's eyes returned to their alertful state, sweeping the streets in front of her.

"But I'm an Arch Drolf-Dog. Or if ya want the longer name, Arch Dragon/Wolf/Dog. That's why my Shifter form is so large." 

"Both are quite the mouthful." Jinx laughed.

"They are. That's why we typically stick to the name Shifter." Nova told her.

"How that name come to be by the way? Sounds pretty nifty." Jinx queried.

"I don't know. My ancestors chose it." Nova answered.

"Ancestors are weird!" Jinx said, wrinkling her nose.

"Oh I can admit to that. Considering most of my ancestors are Arch Dragons that live for thousands of years. I've met my great-great grandfather." Nova cringed at the thought of her great-great grandfather.

"Ya serious? Ya great-great pops is still 'round?" Jinx gasped.

"Oh yeah. Give me a run for my coins every damn time I see him." Nova laughed.

"His name is Mystery Galaxy." Nova added.

"Damn y'alls names are weird!" Jinx cackled, her powder-blue eyes lighting up.

"Mhm. Now what's it to ya?" Nova accused teasingly. "Your name is just as weird." Jinx gasped, faking offense. 

"How could ya say that?!" Jinx gasped, being dramatic and making the eldest Galaxy snicker. "My name is beautiful! Ya just jealous." 

"Mhm, shorty. Whatever ya say." Nova scoffed. 

"Shorty?! Ya are abnormally tall!" Jinx protested, jumping as they walk so she can try to get taller than Nova. 

"I'm only 6'7." Nova laughed. 

"That's taller than the dumb lady!" 

"Ya mean Sevika?"

"Yeah!" Jinx's statement made Nova double-over laughing. 

"She is dumb." Nova snickered. 

Note: I'll leave thus chapter to this. Sorry for almost a year wait. I'm trying to get back into things after graduating high school and having to deal with losing contact with the sorta siblings. Galaxies also have had several changes in designs. I'll gather them all and post them in a page for y'all. Have a good day/night.