Chapter 5

Tw this story may contain sensitive content for some readers viewer discretion is advised (also writing in 3rd person bc its easier)

M/N kept his eyes staring out the window with his headphones in his cassette player. Surprisingly he found some tapes that were empty and filled them with songs and bands he likes.

His thoughts were only about finishing it. He trusted Tyreese with his life and knew he could keep Mika safe.

Maggie was staring at him. He didn't notice since he was too busy lost in his music. Glenn's eyes kept going from him to her. "Hey, what's going on" she gave him a small smile.

"The world has ended but he's found a way to still listen to music" she gave him a small laugh and grabbed his hand.

Glenn kissed her hand and rubbed it with his thumb. They sat in a bit of silence. Background noise of the tires on the road and Eugene talking too Tara.

(This is kinda how I imagined the headphones and cassette thing)

M/N turned his head and saw Maggie looking at him. He put his headphones down around his neck. "Uh yeah?" She just smiled again.

"How did you even find that?" He laughed. "I found an old building when I was by myself and I found this, when you have empty tapes you use this" he quickly pulled out a tiny microphone from the bottom of his bag.

"Ya know that some cars radios still work so I used to collect CDs and I could play them and put the microphone up to it so I saved them and now I can listen to them when I want" he smiled at her.

He looked at it and then at her. "Would you like to listen to one of my favorite songs?" He asked. She took a moment then nodded. 

He went over and sat next to her putting the headphones over her ears. He went through his different tapes and pulled one out putting it in.

He clicked a button and the song started to play. She just stared off into the distance onto the floor and nodded her head to the song.

M/N just stared up into the front seats looking at everyone. Glenn was smiling at Maggie who was swaying her head back and forth with her eyes closed.

"What song is it?" M/N shook his head and turned back to Glenn. "Oh the one playing right now? Uh its Don't look back in anger by oasis I found it a few months ago" he gave Glenn a smile.

He nodded and stared at his wife. Its been awhile since she listened to any type of music. M/N shot straight up and quickly turned too Glenn. "Are you and Maggie going to have kids?" Glenn was taken aback.