Guilia Gwinn ~ knock out

Carla (Reader) plays with the national team a friendly against England. A corner happens, but it ends a little different than expected. Together.

English isn't my first language.

______________

Today we're going to play a friendly against England which is exiting because I would meet a lot old friends. Some years ago I went to Manchester City and got a contract for three years. I loved it, I met people like Lucy Bronze and Steph Houghton and even more important Keira Walsh and Georgia Stanway. Both of them got insanely important to me and I had a great time. This summer Georgia and I then both got a contract at Bayern and even when it was hard to let Keira and the others go I couldn't be happier. Besides a lot of my friends from the national team and Guilia were there. Guili and I were together for five years now and she was everything I could ever wish for. She would watch every game I played for city and would even come to the games if it was possible. I did the same of course. And after all it just felt great to be back in Germany.

And now I was sitting in a car with Syd, Lina and Guilia who had her hand on my leg as she drove us to the alianz stadium.

,,Bin gespannt ob das so freundlich wird heute. Nach dem Finale meine ich.", said Syd and looked out of the window. (Let's see if it's going to be friendly today. After the finals, you know.)

,,Ich bin mir sicher dass es das wird.", I responded and grinned at the thought of my english friends. (I'm sure it will be.)

,,Natürlich. Die sahen ja sogar beim Euro Finale aus als würden sie sich schuldig fühlen dir gegenüber!", laughed Lina and I nodded proudly while Guili just chuckled. (Of course. They even looked as if they felt guilty because you in the euro final!)

We joked around a little more before we finally arrived.

___________

,,Keira!", I screamed as we walked onto the field and started running towards her. She was sitting in the middle of the pitch with Lucy but turned around immediately as she heard me and stood up while the biggest smiles ever broke across our faces. I jumped in her arms which caused her to fall onto her back laughing. I was so happy to see her again. After some more minutes of us laying onto each other and fighting a little we stood up and I went to hug Lucy too. The defender and I were always getting along really well, she was a chilly person and very pleasant to have around. So I was happy to see her again. After that I introduced them to some of my teammates and greeted Georgia, who was already talking to my girlfriend, with a big hug as well. Everything felt like it worked out and I actually never wanted to leave that pitch again.

,,You look happy.", Guili stated smiling. I turned to her, my expression softening as she looked at me with so much love in her eyes that I melted.

,,I am.", I said and leaned up to press a soft kiss onto her sweet lips. We broke apart and she gently took me in her arms. ,,I couldn't be happier." I sighed as I buried my face in her sweater.

_____

When the stadium started to fill we all went back into our cabins and changed quickly before Martina came in and spoke some motivating words to us. After that we got out and stood besides the england players in the tunnel. I send Keira a grin before we walked onto the pitch again and sang our anthems. Since I was in the starting eleven, I got then to my position in the midfield next to Lina and Lena. I slowly started to feel the anxiousness crawling into my head as I turned around to look at Guilia for some support. She noticed immediately and gave me a comforting smile while nodding her head and giving me a thumbs up. I smiled gratefully at her before turning around again, feeling a lot more calm. The whistle blew and we all started to play. At some point I found myself running after the ball while I saw Lucy in the corner of my eye and as I wanted to kick the ball into the box, she tackled me and we both fell onto the ground while the ball rolled off the pitch.

,,Oh come on, Carla!", she mumbled while I just laughed. Corner for us.

You have to know, it started to rain insanely in the third minute and now the pitch was nothing but mud. Lina went to take the shot while I stood in the box trying to get rid of Georgia. The whistle blew, the ball was thrown in the air and I jumped. My head touched the ball but suddenly I felt myself falling onto my shoulder and head before everything went black.

______

Guilia's POV

I watched how Carla's head touched the ball and kicked it off the pitch again. But that wasn't what everyone cared about.

Everything had happened way too fast. I remember Georgia jumping up too early, slipping in the mud and Carla landing right on top of aher. Well, she kind of did. Because, in some way, she stumbled over Georgia's figure and fell right onto her head and shoulder. There was no scream or something, just laughs could be heard. But they only came from Georgia's mouth and as she realized, she immediately shut up. Everyone in the stadium froze. Nobody dared moving. I watched in horror how Georgia crawled to sit next to my motionless girlfriend and slowly turned her around so she could look at her. I could see, even from the distance, how the blonde's body started to temble as she took Carla's head into her hands and placed it onto her lap. And I didn't noticed how my legs had made their way to the two girls laying in nothing but mud.

,,Help her....", Georgia mumbled under her breath, carefully cleaning my baby's cheek but nobody moved, still. ,,HELP HER!", she now screamed so loud the whole stadium could understand. Suddenly, the people around us started moving again, panicking. I let myself fall onto my knees as Georgia held onto the girls body for dear life. ,,I'm sorry... I'm sorry Guili, I didn't mean to... I'm so-" Her voice broke as the young blonde started sobbing. I took her in a hug, which she thankfully returned and felt myself break a little for her.

,,Don't you dare blaming yourself for that." The rain fell onto us without any mercy. The body of Carla laying there helplessly while I prayed for her to be okay. The physios kneeled down next to her and carefully layed her down and took her away. Georgia still sobbing in my arms I looked around. Keira had her face buried in Lucy's shirt and Klara looked like she was crying as Sydney tried to comfort her. Lina looked like she saw a ghost and Lena ran after the physios to get any informations. Everyone was shocked.

But the game had to continue. Martina took me off thankfully so I could go to find my baby. I rushed through the many hallways, my thoughts going crazy. What if she was injured really bad? What if she couldn't remember anyone after she woke up? What if she wouldn't wake up at all?

But every little thought went quite the moment I stepped into that room. Her eyes were slightly open but she looked tired and exhausted.

,,Her shoulder is bruised and she has a really bad concussion. She has to take it really easy and should avoid loud noises. But she'll be fine soon.", the Physio spoke softly to me. I smiled at him before he exited the room and I sat down next to my girlfriend. She smiled tiredly and I chuckled softly.

,,You scared the shit out of us... Georgia broke down and blamed herself for everything..."

,,Of course she did. You know her.", Carla giggled and I never felt so relieved.

_________

I actually like it. I doubt the one shots will get a lot longer than that, but maybe, if you want to, I could make a second part? Like always, tips and requests are welcome. Byee.