Lea Schüller ~ life is good

Emilia (Reader) plays for Barcelona and the german national team

Emilia (Reader) plays for Barcelona and the german national team. While other clubs have still training, barça's players got already their international break. So she decides to go home.

English isn't my first language.

Teenage dream • Stay

(Stephen Dawes • Gracie Abrams)

_________

,,Hey, you okay?“, the tattooed girl asked with her thick Spanish accent. ,,Emilia? Who was that?“, she tried again and sat down next to me on the couch as I just stared over at the wall. The drawings from Mapi hang everywhere. They were pretty. ,,Girl, talk to me!“, she said as she snapped her fingers in front of my face. I turned to her at this, a big grin plastered on my face.

,,Mapi...I got a call up..“, I whispered, still not believing myself. ,,Martina just called.“ There was a silence for a moment as we both to tried to process what just happened. She slowly stood up, not breaking the eye contact or losing the shocked expression on her face.

,,Ingrid..?“, she called out, probably not knowing how to handle it right now, before soon after the brunette Norwegian came over to us.

,,Yes, Mapi?“ And suddenly the Spanish girl started grinning.

,,EMI GOT A CALL UP!“, she screamed exitedly and Ingrid's eyes widened. In a matter of second I found myself in a bone crashing hug from the brunette and Mapi joined soon after.

,,I'm so proud of you.“

I had lived with the two women for three years now since I got a contract for barça when I was 19 and I had no idea how things in such a big club or even in Spain worked. Well, first I lived with just Mapi before Ingrid moved in with us at some point as well. Mapi had kind of adopted me since day one. She had taken me home with her because my parents had fucked up at finding a flat (which they had promised me) and telling me before I actually went to Barcelona. So when I came there and realized I hadn't a place to stay I just went with Mapi for some days, well, I stayed. I had lost the contact to my parents completely at one point and even when I was an adult by now, Mapi didn't let me move out. Not that I minded.

One annoying thing is just; I did my job at barça as a defender perfectly. And well, that was the problem. I played in Spain from the beginning so I never made it into any youth teams.

And another thing is; I was out on loan for one season at Bayern. Besides barça, Bayern always had been a club I wanted to play at once and since my trainer here had agreed to me getting some more experiences, I went with it. In munich I found great friends, which I was excited to meet again now and I had found the person that made me the happiest girl on this world. Lea and I are together for two years now, and even if it was hard, it worked.