Guro Reiten ~ let me do it on my own

Frida Larsen (Reader) joins Chelsea in summer 2021 from Lillestrøm SK Kvinner, the former club of Guro Reiten

Frida Larsen (Reader) joins Chelsea in summer 2021 from Lillestrøm SK Kvinner, the former club of Guro Reiten. Guro had signed for Chelsea in 2019 before the worldcup, where she roomed with Frida. There, their special friendship turned into something more and they got together just after the Worldcup. Sadly, Guro already leaves Lillestrøm for Chelsea. Now, two years later when Frida's contract came to an end, she follows her girlfriend to Chelsea.
Frida has always been a quite private person, only Guro's family and her grandparents knew about their relationship. Guro never minded, until she had her girlfriend with her all the time...

Brazil • Home
(Declan McKenna • Edward Sharpe... )

_______

It was a sunny day when I first arrived at Cobham Training Centre with Guro. We decided to come here early so I wouldn't have to greet everyone at once.

,,I'm so happy you're here.'', Guro said grinning and I just chuckled at her.

,,I'm happy to be here too.", I smiled, before we got out of the car. ,,Finally!" The last two years have been hard, we were only able to see each other while being with the national team or at breaks that I mostly spend with her family, since I have been living in Norway and she has been living here in London, so I was super happy to finally be able to live with her. We quickly made or way inside, the urge to grab her hand or kiss her was immense, but I ignored it. We had been speaking about it before, making our relationship public or at least telling the team, but we agreed on waiting at first. I wanted to settle in, to prove myself to the team on my own without Guro's help. I wanted them to see me as me and not as her girlfriend, you know? I'm glad she understood that.

,,You'll love the girls, seriously!", Guro grinned, clapping her hands in excitement before we entered the building and made our way to the dining room were some girls were already drinking their coffee and eating breakfast. ,,Good morning girls!", Guro greeted them as they all turned to us.

,,Hey.", I waved, slightly shy now that I first met them. I felt Guro's hand taking mine in excitement, dragging me over to where Sam and Erin were already sitting. The latter stood up and hugged me.

,,Ahhh, it's great to meet you, Frida! Guro talks about you non stop.", she chuckled and I felt a grin making it's way onto my face.

,,It's great meeting you too, Erin.", I smiled, before I was brought into a hug by the one and only Sam Kerr. I had a bit of a fangirl moment, but calmed down quickly again.

,,Hi, Frida. It's nice to meet you."

It didn't need much time till I had introduced myself to everyone, even though they all of course new who I was and I knew who they were, until Emma came. Everyone sat down and looked at her, Guro still quickly getting two cappuccinos and rushing to my side again, pressing one into my hand before sitting down so Emma could start talking.

,,Good morning everyone, it's great to see you all again! I hope you all had a great summer break and don't bring too much work for your physios!", she joked and everyone chuckled, including me. I could feel Guro's eyes on me, looking over at her, I could see the gentle yet excited smile on her face. ,,Well anyway, first off, I want to say hi to our new signings; hi Tanya, Lauren, Aniek and Frida. I hope you all settle in well, it's great to have y'all here!..."

It wasn't long till the training started, Guro was trying hard to keep her distance to me and it was hilarious. Whenever we'd have to pair up for warm up she'd excitedly walk in my direction, before I'd give her a warning look and she'd dramatically turn around again. It's what I loved about her; she made every situation so easy to handle, would make jokes and funny faces without trying. I really loved her and I'm 100% sure when we wouldn't be together she'd still be my best friend. I did the warm up with first Sam and the second exercise with Jessie and Niamh and I was getting along with them perfectly. Jessie was very innocent, always blushing and a very sweet person, while Niamh was more of a clumsy person. She often got distracted by the most random things and forgot what she was doing. I already loved both of them. At some point Emma put us into two teams to play a little, Guro and me on the same team, so Guro clapped her hands and quickly rushed to my side.

,,Finallyyy!", she yelled and made everyone laugh. I wondered if the others assumed we were together, or if they just believed we were best friends and Guro was just being her cute little self. I wasn't sure, but I was so accepted in the team already that I didn't even care. I just wanted to prove myself without her in case they didn't welcome me this warm, but since they did I didn't have any concerns anymore. I hugged the blonde with a bright smile on my face and felt her squeezing me. ,,She likes me again!", she called out and everyone laughed once again as I playfully slapped her, kissing her on the cheek right after though, making her smile widely.

We continued to train and I loved every second of it. It was pure fun since everyone was joking around and not taking any of it serious, even Emma and the staff. It of course was the first session of the new season and only used for team bonding, but I knew right away that this was the best decision I've ever made. The session soon came to an end though and I jogged over to Guro, still smiling brightly as I was so happy to be here, she mirrored my expression.

,,Can I kiss you now, finally?", she asked and I nodded chuckling. She made a weird excited sound before lightly pecking my lips. I chuckled at her, before kissing her again. The girls behind us started clapping and whistling, it was hilarious.

,,GAYY!", Erin yelled. ,,I knew it!"

,,That's disgustingly cute. I'mma call Kristie.", Sam complained. And when I turned around from Guro I saw Jessie and Niamh coming over to hug me.

,,This is so cute!''

,,I'm a fan already!''

,,Jessie we need a ship name!"

,,Ohh, how about..."

,,Guda!"

,,No."

,,But-"

,,No."

I grinned at the two younger girls, that I could already call friends, walking away from us, before Guro kissed my cheek smiling.

,, I'm so so glad you're here!", she said and I nodded.

,,Me too!"

________

I really enjoyed writing this chapter! I was so not motivated to write anything, either that was for my book or the one shots, which was probably because I kinda got distance to the whole football thing caused by multiple things, but I'm back now and also kinda fell in love with Chelsea to be honest. They got a big place in my heart with Bayern now and yeah! If you have tips and requests just comment, I won't be able to write everything that you guys want, but especially stuff about Chelsea and Bayern will come! I love y'all so much and thank you for almost 20k reads it's unreal.
Okay love you, byeee.