Three.

"It doesn't matter when we get back to doing what we do 'cause right now could last forever just as long as I'm with you."

~

Michael

It was raining outside. It wasn't that hard kind of raining. It was the nice drizzle of rain. The kind that Calum hates because it tickles when it hits his face. I still don't understand it but it's just another thing I learned and loved about him.

Calum was being stubborn and refused to step outside and feel the drizzle on his face so here we were sat in refuge in our old tree house.

"Hey Mikey, remember when we first met?" I looked up from my phone and saw him smiling at me. I gave him a 'what the fuck?' look because of course I remember the first time we met, but smiled wide seconds later because the memories of little Calum with the missing teeth and big smile came to my mind.

"What the hell, Cal?" I shoved him playfully. "I just remember you in that baggy ninja turtles shirt and your red crocs." I laughed while he scowled at me and slapped me in the back of my head.

Yeah, he really did wear crocs and super baggy shirts. He was a little dork.

"Ha. Ha. Like you were any better with your long hair and your favorite highlighter yellow shades."

I felt my face turning red because that was unfortunately true. I had super long hair and it wasn't just my fringe. I looked like a little chubby girl and those glasses don't get me started. Looking back now, they were the ugliest pair ever but I loved them.

We both laughed at the mental images of the 7 year old us.

[italics: Michael & normal: Calum]

"Remember when we met by the tree and we fought over who's tree it was because it was right in between our gates?"

"And then I dumped dirt on you because I wanted it to be mine."

"Yeah, and I called my dad and you called yours and we just kept yelling about the tree and all they did was laughed."

"Best part, when we got mad at them for laughing so we got the water hoes and sprayed it at them."

"So they chased us around your backyard."

"They only caught us because you were clumsy and you fell and took me down with you."

"We became best friends that day."

"Oh and remember when we begged our dad's to build us this tree house and we spent that summer on it."

"We never came out of here. We even sat our parents down and told them we wanted to move in together in here."

"We didn't last one day."

"Hey! It was winter and it was cold okay."

We laughed and laughed the rest of the day, telling stories from when we were kids up until now. The rain long forgotten and we didn't even notice it stopped.

I unlocked my phone to check the time and noticed it was a little past 1 am. Usually I would be sleeping or at least laying in bed playing games or something but with Calum next to me and looking at that fond look in his face while reliving some of our amazing times together I really didn't care what time it was or what I had to do as long as I was with him.

~

a/n:: a bunch of dialogue in this one.... this may be a short story with short chapters but I'm really starting to like it. omg.