Seven.

"But you're just a daydream away I wouldn't know what to say if I had you and I'll keep you a daydream away just watch from a safe place so I never have to lose."

~

Michael

I stood in the airport waiting for my cousin Rolland and his friend Blake to arrive. They were visiting from Spain. They left Australia and moved to Spain to study around the time I moved to America with the guys for the same reason. Rolland and Blake rarely came to visit because well plane tickets weren't cheap and when they did have the money they visited family in Australia but their studies were over soon and they wanted to move to America as well and decided to come for a couple weeks and go apartment and job hunting and I was here to help.

Rolland, Blake and I sat in my living room drinking beers and catching up on the many years we've been apart. They told me stories about them in Spain and I told them my stories from being here in America.

The boys were coming over to meet Blake and Rolland and would be here any minute. The guys never met my cousin and Blake before because they lived on the other side of Sydney and I only saw them when my family and I visited them.

They were in the middle of telling me a story how they both fought once because they thought they were dating the same girl come to find out they were twins. In the midst of our fits of laughter we heard the front door open and close. Luke, Calum and Ashton soon appearing in the living room.

"Hey guys, this is Rolland and Blake."

Introductions went on pretty quickly and everyone seemed to click almost instantly. Some a little better than I thought.

"...and Michael was like 5 and in his 'I hate girls' stage and one day."

"No not this story"

"Shut up Michael, keep going Rolland."

"Yes, anyways... One day a little girl, I think her name was Scarlet, she wanted to go into the playhouse and Michael wouldn't let her so she got a wooden building block and threw it at his head and he started crying."

"Oh my gosh, Michael cried. That's amazing!

The three guys laughed while I pouted. Some time in the middle of Rolland's story I failed to notice Blake and Calum some how separate themselves from us and into their own conversation. They were close maybe a little too close for my liking. Suddenly I couldn't focus on anything else but them. Calum was laughing and smiling at something Blake said. His eyes closed and crinkles on the side, his smile wide and I couldn't help but think, only I could make him laugh like that or so I thought.

Blake was attractive I won't deny that and he was a sweet guy. Maybe Calum would fall for him and be happy with him. All these thoughts killed me and were so sudden and I may be so ahead of myself but looking at them now and seeing them click so quickly and Calum had a sort of shine in his eyes that said he was happy and in that moment it all made sense to me.

I felt someone nudge me on the side, which I was thankful for because my thoughts were temporarily interrupted, I turned to face Ashton who's face held a bit of concern.

"You okay, man? You just spaced out and your eyes are a bit watery." His words catching everyone's attention and now watched me.

"Yeah, I'm fine. They must be irritated or something." I simply said and did my best to focus on the conversation between Ashton Luke and Rolland and my best to ignore Calum's and Blake's.

It's easier said than done. Blake could make Calum happy. I know that, I know how Blake is with relationship not from first hand experience but I know and he was pretty damn good at them. He was loyal, romantic, funny he had it all. Where as I'm just a loser. I'm a game nerd, I tell the worst jokes, I'm not romantic at least I don't think I am. I wouldn't know what to do or say.

I was clueless.

~

a//n: I really don't know what I just wrote.