KNOCKBACK AND A MAKESHIFT / CHAPTER 2

Knockback with a Makeshift

(ft. Klein and K)

It was night. The moon, shining as ever, with a pearly white glow casting its gaze upon the vibrant world. In a small room within a large city, lived two siblings who were in black and green. Klein, the cycloptic Mixel with shards all over him, sighed on his bed, staring at the roof of their bedroom, which was painted in a warm white. Klein had wings yet had no hands, so he had to manually adjust to using his wings as hands at times. K, a canine-like Mixel with a bandage covered across her face, was beside Klein, albeit her expression covered in worry.

"B-brother?" She hesitated.

"K? I'm fine. I'm just bored." Klein replied immediately. Time was passing by, and the two had been together for quite some time. They were alone, what were they waiting for? Well, something had to happen right? It felt lonely and isolated, two siblings isolated in a room. Yet after hours and hours, the two decided to rest. The lights in their room were closed, with a single lamp lit up on their lampstand. What were they waiting for? Surely, they would wait a few more hours, but rest was important for them as well.

Within reality, now within the mind. Like hopping through worlds, from one to another. Now, we enter inside the mind of K, the lonely little Mixel who was now isolated in a void white. She was alone, with no one beside her, not even her brother.

"K... Where is K?" The young Mixel questioned herself, looking at the empty dream which was her in the white void. Isolated from reality, inside her imagination. Her eyes opened and closed, one event after the other, until a figure appeared right in front of her. A figure that is... familiar to her. Before she knew it, it was a copy of her own self, a mirror.

"We reunite again, young one." The figure said. "How long has it been, Klimitz? You have left me for a long time..."

"W-well, K... No, I... I-I have chosen to break free from you." The Mixel named K, having been revealed to have the name of Klimitz, replied back.

"Break free? Oh, Klimitz... You aren't gonna break free from me." The figure smirked at her, seeming to take what K said as a joke.

"K... K is already strong enough now." said K. The white room suddenly fell in silence.

"Strong? Heh, as if. You wouldn't have lived without me in certain times, Klimitz." The figure said, until it suddenly vanished out of thin air. K, noticing the emptiness, tried to call out to the figure.

"C-come back. K... Klimitz has to settle things with you." She stuttered. She, who tried to reach out, had failed. Her echoes could only compliment her own loneliness, she was alone at the start, and here she is, isolated once more. Is this really her own 'dream'? To be left alone, accompanied by no one?

"Hey, where are you?" K tried calling the figure out. "I know you are out there, come out!"

"Please, just come here. K wants to settle things!" Her cries became more desperate as she slowly grew determined to fight, despite the increasing amount of loneliness.

"If you're strong.. Then prove yourself to me." The figure returned. This time, manifesting as figures of darkness.​​ Those figures of darkness represented her drawings, which were Mixels beyond their originals, with powers such as bending time, or even far enhanced with certain skills, such as having expertise in inventions. Many of those drawings surrounded her. Shadows in smiles as white as the void, stare at the poor Mixel being cornered by them. The shadows kept on growing stronger, even influencing this 'dream' into a nightmare. However, K did not back down. She, the Mixel in green, slowly meshed her hands into a position of fight, as if she was holding a gun. She dreamed of the gun being in the dream as well, although time was running out as shadows were about to devour her. In the nick of time, her handcrafted gun came. Danced in green and silver, she pulled the trigger, and fired at the monsters surrounding her. The darkness around her slowly began to fade, like a fleeting moment.

"See, K has grown now." She whispered to herself, seeming that she had proven herself. However, what she didn't know about, was that the darkness clumped together as one, being an entity so strong. It was large and dark, ready to devour the unaware Mixel.

"Hold it!" Some Mixel yelled out, the shadow having been distracted by the Mixel.

"You think you can trample on that girl's dreams?!" The voice said. K, let go of her own makeshift gun, and turned around to see the gigantic shadow before her, which was distracted.

"It's alright, K can do this..." She said to herself, before trying to imagine her own makeshift sword. However, the shadow turned around to her, as if it knew her own moves, as the shadow was about to devour her whole. Luckily, the voice echoed a loud stop, as a bright light flashes between the two. At that moment, K was stunned, but the shadow completely dispersed from the light. Perhaps that it was too strong for nightmares to handle. The Mixel could only barely see who had saved her, as that light was also affecting her too. She could only make out of the figure, that being a magenta Mixel. When she tried to decipher its looks, the light made her fall asleep. The tall Magenta Mixel looked below her, with their eye lit up.

"Not again... " They whispered to themselves as K could only feel asleep from the light that emanated from the tall Mixel.

Time skips forward, like a moment of happiness. Away from the night, into the daylight.

Now, within daylight, where the lightbulb of Planet Mixel shows its light. Its sparks flew on to many rooms, as the two siblings were now wide awake. This time, with someone else.

"And, well... I saw this strange Mixel. It was magenta, and very, very, tall." K said to a certain Mixel, having told them a part of their dream.

"I have never had a dream like that. You sure about that, K?" Klein, who was skeptical, asked about K's dream.

"She is sure of that, Klein. It's normal for people to have dreams." A Mixel replied, having a similar body of a Mixie who had one eye and big cheeks.

"Big Brother Trone..." K whispered to herself, revealing the smug trumpet Mixel named Trone. Though he was similar to Trumpsy, he had accessories that were able to differentiate the two from one another.

"Yes?" He questioned.

"Is the Magenta Mixel I saw a bad guy?" Asked the young Mixel, named K.

"If they didn't hurt you, I'm sure they aren't bad." Trone calmly replied back. The two kept on chatting, until Klein interrupted them both.

"Brother Trone... I am still gonna tell Uncle Veytou what you did last week.." said Klein, as his tone changed from a calm to an angered one.

"Oh, no you don't!" Trone replied back.

"Ah... K still remembers that Citwitorus trolled Klein as a prank." K said to herself, now seeing the two get into trouble. Oh, dear... Maybe they will settle down eventually, right?