HIDDEN DEEP, TO SEEK TRUE TREASURE / CHAPTER 4

Hidden Deep, To Seek True Treasure

(ft. Koranhk and Yagenalage)

Back when two Mixels were quite younglings under the sea, they always met up in a small place, in a sunken ship down below where the two could always talk. While one was a juvenile anchor with a sentience, the other was a juvenile mantaray who was timid.

"C'mon, Yagenalage! Get up here!" The juvenile anchor Mixel had asked a young Yagenalage, who had tan over her body, mixing well with the ones of lilac. Back then, she did not have a helm compared to her when she was an adult, so in technicality, she had no way to cover her hair. Because of that, strands of her hair would be seen by others.

"Alright, then... Although, I might be a bit faster than you'd expect." She hastily rushed over to the anchor Mixel, with speed comparable to that of an electric fan.

"Wow! That fast? Heh, even a Mixel like me won't ever reach that speed!" The anchor Mixel exclaimed in joy.

"Heh, thanks... Wait, what's your name again?" The young manta asked, who had forgotten the anchor Mixel's name.

"Koranhk! I'm an anchor brought to life!" The anchor Mixel called themselves Koranhk, although as they are a juvenile Mixel, they did not have a screen and did not evolve yet to a Newzer. At the time, her colors were a Pyrrat, suggesting that she had been born from a Pyrrat's previous anchor. "I see... Sorry if I did forget, my memory isn't the best." The young Yagenalage reacted.

Suddenly, the young Yagenalage's eyes were wide open, just in realization of something.

"Right! Mother had told me that the coronation of the new priestess would be today! I can't stay out for long, Koranhk..." They cried out.

"New priestess? Oh my! I hope that your new priestess will bring you hope for your tribe!" Koranhk chanted gleefully.

However, that would be the last time they would be seeing each other when they were youngsters. After they had said farewell to each other, Yagenalage swiftly swimmed back to her hometown, The Deepsea Palace of the Boxatons, a tribe that was composed of cardboard. There were two portions of these Boxatons, the ones on land and the ones underwater. Each had their own strengths and weaknesses. Besides that, the young Koranhk was left all alone in the ocean, within the vicinity of the sunken ship. She could only glare in melancholy at that ruined ship– That sunken ship had actually been the ship she was aboard on. Originally, she was a part of a crew of the Pyrratz. Unfortunately, a mighty sea Mixel had shattered the ship and sunk all members below, leaving them all to suffocate in the deep and mystical waters. Sadly, Koranhk had survived due to her ability to thrive underwater without consequence, yet the crew she was a part of did not make it through the trials of the sea. It had only occurred to her at a young age.

"They're all... gone. I'm all... alone." The young Koranhk had whispered to herself, holding back her own tears.

Years have passed and the two youngsters have become entirely different Mixels. On one hand, Koranhk managed to change her tribe. Once she had found out that she worked much more properly to report things and to write posts about awareness, she realized that she could become a Newzer herself. Eventually, she became one herself, thanks to the help of a special Celestial, a Celestial who would specialize with Tribal Energy. She seems to enjoy her life as a Newzer. When she was not reporting, it seems like she'd always investigate the deep seas, trying to find something that can attract attention. She often would be unsuccessful, though. Albeit that, her body often slays foul Mixels who threaten sea life. Some underwater tribes call her a hero because of that. A few Newzer colleagues applaud her for her bravery and boldness to face monsters as such, and even report them.