Chapter 44

There's something known as Karma.

************************
Kiana

The doctor left my room a few minutes ago with some bad news that I think may affect my so called marriage.
"The damage done to you is so severe that if you consider child bearing it won't be easy as you both(The unborn baby and I ) may loose your lives." The words continue to ring in my ears and I refused to look at my husband's face.
Everyone was silent after.
When I say everyone, I mean everyone.
My dad, Xavier, Camy, Max's dad, Sergio,Van who returned from his mission few hours ago and me myself.
Yhup.
Isn't this embarrassing.
"I won't forgive Crucifero" I mutter.
Since the Russian boss died rumors has it that Crucifero is trying to take over the Russian Mafia which is not going to be to our advantaged because it means more wealth and power. But then the fall of Zenom has delayed his taking over and however the Russian boss has relatives who are not ready to give the throne to someone from the Italian family though he has proved to be our real enemy.
So for the mean time we have a little time to think of something.
Xavier reluctantly switched on the tv and decided to pretend everything was cool.
He needed distraction and I can feel the effect of everything that's has happened so far on him.
"What should we do now?" Someone finally asked.
"What should we do??!" Camy who has been playing with my hair asked which got us a little confused and surprised.
All of a sudden she stood up...
"What's wrong with all of you. You still want this life?!! Well I don't want it. A life that can rip all of you away from each other at anytime? A life that is killing us one by one? No for how long?? Please tell me for how long. For how long will you all continue to get bruised mentally, physically and emotionally?? Haven't you endured unnecessarily enough??" She bursts out.
"Camy shut up" Dad warns her coldly. That's unlike him.
I remained quiet and tried to register what she's saying.
She's right.
"NO I WILL NOT SHUT UP. BECAUSE OF THIS DAMN MAFIA MUM IS GONE-BEHEADED, KIANA LOST HER UNBORN CHILD, AGAIN SHE CAN'T EVEN HAVE ANOTHER ONE AGAIN , RIN IS GONE, SERGIO, EVEN WHEN YOU CAME BACK TO LIFE THEY NEARLY TOOK IT BACK FROM YOU. MAX YOU ALMOST LOST YOUR WIFE -MY SISTER,INNOCENT LIVES ARE GONE, MONEY AND POWER IS BEING ABUSED, SINS ARE BEING COMMITTED AND THE LIST GOES ON..." She screamed.
Then she relaxed " Kiana you're my favorite person in this world don't you still get my point? Let's leave this life and go leave like normal people. Let's enjoy and live life than rather always trying to survive and pretend like we are living it."
I opened my mouth and shut it. I didn't know what to say as I find it difficult to believe my now eight year old sister is telling me this.
Finally I speak "Yes. You're right. Living and surviving are two different things. In this Mafia family we live and survive at the same time-"
"That's bullshit" she cuts me off but my eyes told her to remain silent.
"You are right Camy. You are. For a moment I wanted to leave this behind at your speech but I have taken an oath. If I back off now what will they say. Yes. If i leave right now it's going to verify that we woman are weak and can't handle leadership positions and that's one thing I want to prove to the world. Women can do what men do and even better. Take a look at all the Mafia's in the world but ours is tagged the most strongest...ours is number 1 and this was achieved by a woman. Isn't it great" I smile and saw her calm down taking what I said in.
She's hundred percent right but every one has roles in this life and this is ours.
"Everyone one has roles in this life. And this is ours. We are the Mafia. But as we are tagged the strongest, in secrecy we are the kindest. Do you know why? We formed the now group called eagles to bring most Mafia's under our control, to monitor them so they do not go out into the world and destroy like the Russians. We try to gain power rightfully without creating chaos. We've signed treaties with over 50 countries and we are in their legal army.
This is all to protect the world...to protect everyone and let them leave a normal life as you say. So now tell me, if we leave to go live a normal life will there even be a normal life?" I asked her.
She shook her head.
"Because you guys create a normal life for the world out there? " She reasons and I nod.
"We make our selves appear dangerous to make others know we are not to be played with. But in reality we these two Mafia's, the Italian and American do not want other Mafia's to introduce their lawlessness into the world."
With that she laid down on me and began to let tears drop.
"However if you want to leave I'll arrange a better life for you. You don't need to be involved."
She nods.
"I don't want to be involved in this Mafia anymore. Yes. I want to leave and go to School , be a neurologist, make my clean money and live a normal life." She said.
It somehow broke my heart that she doesn't want to take any duties of the Mafia on her shoulders one day.
I looked at my dad.
He just nods.
"Okay. Camy. If that's what you want, then you'll get it." I tell her and look away and she also looked away.
My tablet beeped and I immediately went for it as at this time we need every little information.
Oh my God.
"Good news!" I squeak.
"What is it?"
"What?"
"Tell us"
" Okay come down everyone. I'll tell you"
" One way or the other, Crucifero and that Pakistan man traced the way venom was destroyed so they're planning on going to that island you told us about van"
"Heck! This indeed good news" Sergio says with sarcasm dripping of.
I rolled my eyes.
"Seriously this isn't good news" van says through gritted teeth and I ignore them.
"So no one is thinking what I'm thinking??" I asked with a smirk.
They all looked at me like I've grown two heads but I just rolled my eyes.
" Simple. My information has it that they'll be going tomorrow with a ship... their luxury duhh but my point is with a few calls and bribe we'll get to know which ship they'll use and at what time.
All we do is dent the ship.
They'll Begin to sink, we rescue them secretly and end them with our own hands. They'll be reported missing but no one will know." A smile was planted on everyone's face when I was done.
"That's one crazy idea" Xavier admits.
"Okay..." Sergio comes and wraps his arms around me but then Max appeared and punched him away making us laugh.
" Chill bro" he raised his hands up to say he's backing off.
"But you are so smart. A genius. Really? You're the Mafia's Fallen Angel" he says with a wink before he stands up straight.
"But they'll have a tight security" Camy chimes in thoughtfully.
For someone who doesn't want to be part of us? that's nice.
"You're right. We'll handle that" Max assures her.
"All of us here except Xavier and Camy, stay behind and protect Kiana and our territory. The rest we leave this country now. We'll plan on the way" he orders.
"Hey-" i try to protest but he cuts me off.
"Kiana. You're still recovering. Your health matters to us all. I know this is something you'll kill to do but please"
I just looked away and blamed Crucifero for making me so weak for once in my life but a smile crawled on my face when I Know he'll be brought to me soon.
Max came close to me and we shared a kiss and I love you- I love you too.
"Take care"
"Take care "

Neither did I know I was going to be murdered.

~Jackie