Chapter Two: The Results

It's been about 3 weeks since I entered my form. Today is Friday, so the Report will be on tonight, like usual. But tonight is special since the 35 girls will be announced. Usually how it works is that advisors go through the profiles of every girl who entered. They narrow it down to the top 5 girls in every province, and then the prince selects one out of the five to compete. It's a little creepy having one hundred people look at my form and deciding if I'm good enough. Also the prince doing this too. But I guess I'll have to wait until about 9:15-ish tonight.

This is going to be a long day.

-------------------------------------------------------

By the time the Report came on at nine, everyone in the house was in the living room and gobbling down popcorn, including me.

"Honey," my mom started, "I just know you're going to get picked. If not, I will go and slap the advisors' stupidity out of them."

"Mom, you're so dramatic!" Zeke complained.

"Don't forget I can make you pay rent." That made us all burst out laughing since even she knew she wouldn't be able to do that.

After about 15 minutes of boring news about the Second Cold War with Russia, who recently took over the former 14 counties that broke away centuries ago in 1991, they finally got to the Selection participants. As a camera was focusing on Prince Jason's face was put in the screen's top left corner, the rest of it turned black. I guess it was for the nation to see the girls' pictures. I start to hear Gavril, who is the royal interviewer, start with the first province. I think he also did this same thing for King Maxon's Selection contestants, which included Queen America. So, basically, he's middle-aged.

"First, from the province of Alaska," Gavril started, "is Tina Brailington, 18 years old." Her photo flashed on the screen for a few seconds.

"From the province of Arizona, Abigail Stephens, 17 years old."

This is the list of the next 16 girls, all up until my province:
•Susie Lakado, British Columbia, 17
•Emma Xenia, California, 18
•Carmen Uviola, Carolina, 18
•Holly Litheyn, Colorado, 18
•Carol Phinn, Dakota, 17
•Franny McClair, Delaware, 18
•Julia Lotheia, Georgia, 18
•Bailee Carlo, Hawaii, 17
•April Newington, Illinois, 16
•Cailey Iria, Kentucky, 18
•Monica York, Labrador, 16
•Janie Holmes, Louisiana, 18
•Illeine Nguyen, Manitoba, 17
•Catherine Papale, Massachussetts, 17
•Amber Violeta, Missouri, 19
•Penelope Erica, Montana, 16

After a couple of minutes, they finally got to my province. I could practically feel all of the nerves radiating off of my family.

But during the 2-3 second pause between each name, I warned, "If I get picked, shut up first and freak out later."

"-of Nebraska," Gavril continued, "Kealee Plothe, 17 years old." While my family was silently freaking out, I thought I saw his eyes brighten up a bit. It was so brief I'm not even sure it was there. I was... I don't know what I was feeling, but instead of trying to figure it out, I was paying attention to the program. I wanted to see who looked like she and I could be friends.

This is a list of the rest of the girls:
•Kristina Pueblo, New Mexico, 16
•Brazil Zeon, New York, 19
•Valentine Hewitte, Nova Scotia, 19
•Cecilia Williams, Oklahoma, 17
•Olivia Cathson, Ontario, 18
•Diane Keylope, Oregon, 16
•Elle Jansy, Pennsylvania, 16
•Maria O'Brien, Puerto Rico, 19
•Rosey Slavia, Quebec, 19
•Georgia Phillips, Texas, 18
•Thea Deseret, Utah, 18
•Molly Surise, Vancouver, 19
•Serene Repolesa, Virginia, 17
•Louise Amerk, Virgin Islands, 16
•Jadyn Jewelen, Wisconsin, 17
•Missy Hendson, Yukon, 19